OT - Android or iphone? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. Never had any problems

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I've got an iPhone 4 (work-phone) and a Motorola Droid.
    Don't like how restrictive Apple is, therefore Android all the way.

HTC Desire (soon Desire HD) or Motorola Droid 2 or Droid X are real power-houses.

The user-experience might still be a tad better on Apple-devices and the apps look better, but Android 3 will soon come to the rescue.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Iphone i currently have the 3GS it's great for everything i use it for music movies apps you name it, currently got 9 months on my contract left, going to wait and see if Apple do their usual and release a new version come next June hoping for a 64 GB phone so I can stop using my 160gb Ipod in the car and switch back to the phone for music!

Wow, great responses, thanks peeps.

I think for me it's going to come down to a few points:

Seems like in the states there seems to be issues with your coverage provider(AT&T etc) where as here we have the big three (Orange, O2, Vodafone). I don't really here of anyone having issues anymore before where as it used to be regional, certain networks for certain areas. I'm on Voda and have been for years without issues so I will stick with them as the can upgrade me to any I want.

I need a need ipod/ mp3 player since my old 20 gig ipod took a trip into a puddle when jogging a couple of months ago (it was a sad day, I nearly cried as I had about 8 gigs of music and rare mixes which weren't backed up, school boy error i know but hey). Combining this with the phone would be good.

I have a mac so need something to work well with that.

I'm not that techy to be fair so something that works without too much tinkering would be better.

I want good camera function (HD is a draw but not essential).

For me with all this in mind it seems like the iphone will suit all needs but the HTC's seem good too, might need to nip in the shops and try one out.

Can anyone (Chris) explain the google sync and does it work the same as mobileMe with an iphone, just a case of an app download?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Setup your google account in the account manager on the phone. You're done. All the essential google apps which are already on the phone will link to that account (gmail, maps, the built-in contacts and calendar)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    Can anyone (Chris) explain the google sync and does it work the same as mobileMe with an iphone, just a case of an app download?
    Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    Setup your google account in the account manager on the phone. You're done. All the essential google apps which are already on the phone will link to that account (gmail, maps, the built-in contacts and calendar)
    Pretty much what he said, but I'll refer you straight to the source for the best answer.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...40&topic=14252
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    htc desire. arguments:

GUI experience > iphone
    OS versatility > win mobile

plus, no fucking around with jailbreaks.
    +1 on phone choice and arguements.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    I rooted b4 froyo, then waited it out for a good froyo rom built off the official source. Took the geniuses at xda-developers only a couple days after it went live to hash it out. I'm running the EViO 1.1 rom with Kings #5 kernel on froyo.
    Got the Psychnosis Clean LP Froyo ROM myself. It's awesome!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I can't stand AT&T. I use Verizon for my cellular provider. (In Massachusetts, US). I travel a bit in New England, and up and down the eastern seaboard every so often. AT&T as a provider just doesn't cut the cake for me on a normal phone, so I wouldn't touch them for a updated phone.

I've had this conversation a lot with some friends. On the geek/tech side of things, the Droid phones have an edge. Simplicity? iPhone. It's the same sort of Mac vs PC debate all over again, just with a phone.

My brother just got the Droid X and loves it. It has a built in 8 mega-pixel camera (I believe the iPhone only has a 5MP) and he says the streaming of video to his plasma tv is flawless. He's not much of a computer geek, and swears by his droid x anyhow. It has a 16MB internal HD as well, which he uses for all of his current music for the car and otherwise.

Personally the biggest things are really:

A) Your service provider. You have to be happy with this above and beyond anything else.

B) Hardware Features

C) Compatibility with your current computer

Personally I would go with a droid just because I don't like AT&T. That aside, it'd be a huge toss-up for me. The features on the droid are nicer, but the ease of use of the iphone is better.

Best of luck to you. I'm still using a cell phone that's just a.... phone. I can't have a phone on me at work, so having one with all sorts of bells and whistles is really just overkill :P
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I carry a Nexus One with a custom ROM. I love the multitasking and notification bar. Also I use nearly all of googles products so it makes sense for everything to sync up.

I went from a Blackberry Bold to an HTC Desire and i do like the Desire but I do miss my blackberry. I do though understand why people think they are rubbish compared to others and its down to UI looks and not enough gadgety apps, but....

IT JUST DOES EVERYTHING ITS MEANT TO SO WELL WITH REGARDS TO COMMUNICATION!!!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast