OT - Android or iphone?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default OT - Android or iphone?

Hi Guys,

I know this is way off topic but I'm due an upgrade and wondered if people can advise me with personal experience?

I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy S which seems to have the better kit but as we always know the way apple stuff is put together is great?

I'm thinking in case I want to use in performances too, are the Android apps exactly the same etc?

Any help please?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Im biased towards iPhone but regardless of brand Samsung phones are dog-shit.

It WILL let you down. Doesnt matter that Android might be good... its on a turd of a phone.

Thats what ive heard anyways.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Im biased towards iPhone but regardless of brand Samsung phones are dog-shit.

It WILL let you down. Doesnt matter that Android might be good... its on a turd of a phone.

Thats what ive heard anyways.
    +1000 Samsung is crap. Other phones get close to the iPhone in terms of functionality, but none can beat it. If you don't like some of Apple's quirks you have to deal with then don't get an iPhone otherwise iPhone all the way.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Samsung is shit. I have htc phone and it fuckin rules! With Android and much better than iPhone 3gs not sure about 4 but this phone is way older than that

I think my next phone will be a bb storm 2. I've always liked bb's over anything else and I've never been keen on iphones. Also as the screen clicks i reckon the bb is a heap better to use than an iphone.
    When it comes down to it though iphone software/ui shits all over everything so it's more brand/style preference really.
    Also iphones are far too beastly imo

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    Also as the screen clicks i reckon the bb is a heap better to use than an iphone.
    That was my biggest concern when going to the iphone from my Treo and I do not miss the feeling of feedback in any way. it's really a non-issue now.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I got a G1 when it first came out but Android has come a long way since then... If i had a pc, android all the way... but if you're a mac man, then the way the mac and iphone sync is supposed to be amazing. Specially if you get that mobile me package.

I'm due for an upgrade and am defo getting an iphone, think i'm just going to wait till the next gen though. I phone 4Gs or whatever it'll be... wait till they ironed out all the issues with this batch (dropped calls, etc)
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    , think i'm just going to wait till the next gen though. (dropped calls, etc)
    Heh you'll probably only have to wait a couple of months mate

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    Heh you'll probably only have to wait a couple of months mate
    Yup, i prepared to wait
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Yeah, to be fair I was pretty sold on the ip4 but the guy in the phone store started going on about how good the galaxy s was compared to all other samsungs and it properly threw a spanner in, but I have a feeling that commission was helping his advice!!!

Having the MBP as well makes all the difference as the sync'ing does look pretty special!!

Thanks guys!!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast