Making acapellas
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Making acapellas

I'm trying to get an acapella of 'Just Be Good to Green' by Professor Green ft. Lily Allen, and I've got hold of the instrumental version, but inverting it and playing it with the original doesn't seem to work at all, and I can't figure out why. Can anyone help at all/is anyone any good at making DIY acapellas? Or, if you know where I can get one of this song, that'd save me a great deal of trouble :P

I couldn't find any versions of 'Just be good to Green' out there. But there are plenty of the original 'Dub be good to me' acapellas. Just google it!

Have a look at acapellas4u.co.uk.

...actually, don't. They don't have it.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 08-26-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Wasn't there an article about making acapellas using the melodyne editor a few months ago? Something like that would allow you to extract your own acapellas though they wouldn't be perfect.

Also, if you can find an instrumental version of the song then just load the original and instrumental into a sound editing program (audition or something like that) and invert the phase the of the instrumental, which then cancels out the instrumental from the original by way of negative interference... end result you have the acapella.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Wasn't there an article about making acapellas using the melodyne editor a few months ago? Something like that would allow you to extract your own acapellas though they wouldn't be perfect.

Also, if you can find an instrumental version of the song then just load the original and instrumental into a sound editing program (audition or something like that) and invert the phase the of the instrumental, which then cancels out the instrumental from the original by way of negative interference... end result you have the acapella.
    That's true if the instrumental is an exact digital copy of the original minus the vocals AND both tracks are sunk up down to the sample. Also the volume needs to be the same. Hope this helps.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Didn't work, as I said in my original post...

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Oh wow, my bad.
    Umm, is the instrumental a different length from the original? You might need to line the two up, original might be longer than the instrumental or vice versa.
    Are you sure you're inverting the instrumental and not the original?
    Hmm, hell, are you inverting the phase of the instrumental track rather than the whole thing?

Also SirReal raises a good point.

Good luck with this man.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Is the vocal in the middle of the stereo image, and are the instruments panned left and right?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Oh wow, my bad.
    Umm, is the instrumental a different length from the original? You might need to line the two up, original might be longer than the instrumental or vice versa.
    Are you sure you're inverting the instrumental and not the original?
    Hmm, hell, are you inverting the phase of the instrumental track rather than the whole thing?

Also SirReal raises a good point.

Good luck with this man.
    Same length... although I have just looked in Traktor and apparently they're different bpms by about 0.004... any idea how to fix this?
    Definitely inverting the phase, did it exactly the same way I made another acapella...

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Is the vocal in the middle of the stereo image, and are the instruments panned left and right?
    Uh, I don't know... I don't think so, what would be a good way to tell?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast