Regarding the Ableton and Serato team up:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Regarding the Ableton and Serato team up:

If Propellerhead Software and Native Instruments teamed up to bring together Traktor and Reason, I would be the happiest person ever, because the whole Serato/Ableton thing makes me wish I used those two instead.

That being said, the S4 controller looks like it'll be awesome for playing my own Loops and parts of tracks I make along side other artists' work, and the midiFighter will be amazing for playing drums live. The aux in can even be used to hook up a synth and bring in new bass lines, hooks, etc. during live performances! It is going to be awesome, and I cannot wait.

What is DJTT looking forward to?
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

I think you can bring Reason into Ableton through rewire already... So its already in place theoretically... So what are you waiting for?
    At some point... there are only so many things you can do at once... and to plan through all the stuff needed for a particular routine can end up more of a stress management system instead of just doing it... One thing I noticed when I was using Vinyl was you just put em on and did what you did, and there wasnt this huge amount of problem solving to get everything right for that one instance that you would use it.

Tech Guru

i dunno about reason, not exactly the most liberating software... but i'd like to see traktor adopt more characteristics of a daw such as ableton but still retain the classic dj feel that it does.

djing with traktor just feels right, djing with ableton never appealed to me - it kinda of sucks out the improvisation and room for error that makes djing fun for me. yet, there are a lot of things ableton offers that traktor users would benefit greatly if they were added - mostly the flexibility and customization elements that make ableton so attractive.

I think tight integration with Maschine as a drum machine + .nml recorder + sampler + the ability to use dummy MIDI clips for fire & forget FX = what bridge?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Yeah, ableton+traktor is never going to happen, because NI has a grudge against the ableton dudes being ex-employees. Oh well that's too bad.

I just recently started to use ableton and boy am I impressed! But to DJ on? I don't think so, just browsing through the tracks, doesn't work for me at all. But I sure wish I could have accesss to those fantastic fx....
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    I sure wish I could have accesss to those fantastic fx....

yeah bro, not to mention more than 4 decks and multiple fx sends and inserts per channel... plus a really good sampler.

itd be cool to have the option of warping tracks as well, in addition to traktor's beatgridding. some jobs the beatgridding is better than warping, so i wouldn't want to see it ditched completely - but sometimes warping is the best tool for the job and having to jump between softwares is cumbersome.

i'd also like to see some sort of upgrade that is more accomodating of microphones so that you can do nice sounding talkovers and even mcing with traktor, have a devoted channel for microphone input with really nice fx designed for vocal work.

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    I sure wish I could have accesss to those fantastic fx....
    Oh but you can with the power of midi

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    tight integration with Maschine
    This.

This this this, a thousand times this, oh jeebas this.

When I heard that Maschine and Traktor would 'integrate' I thought it meant you could have your own stuff form maschine run through traktor and rock out on the pads in the middle of a DJ set, and then I was sad when I found out that the maschine controller would just work as a traktor controller.

Or am I missing something?

Anyway, I like reason because it's essentially an easy selection of nice hardware-resembling soft synths, which is exactly what I wanted. And that's what I got, and I'm pleased with it. To each their own, I s'pose.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CassoIVchoon View Post
    Oh but you can with the power of midi
    ^ doesn't it seem clunky to have to use two softwares for one job though?

it'd be sooo much nicer if traktor took care of most things you'd want to route it into ableton for wouldn't it?

it depends on your work flow
    2laptops one running live and one running traktor is the best option
    as your not switching programs etc... and can see whats going on

traktor/live is the dream and it would blow serato/live out the water

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast