How important is your computer chair?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How important is your computer chair?

when sitting down to listen to music, your mixes or other stuff?

in my case, its important because ATM my butt is burning fire/hot because of the material of the chair, i'm guessing the cushion and its irritating and i cannot focus on that beat. this is the chair i have : [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Boss-Fabric-Deluxe-Posture-Chair/dp/B0019QKK2C/ref=pd_sbs_op_4[/ame]

and it says "5 stars nylon" idk if thats the material that causes my ass to go on fire...

any solutions? have u ever had this problem? any fixes?
    is this chair a solution : [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mesh-Ventilated-Office-Chair-CP-B078-2-MTLK-GG/dp/B001BWYA2U/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1282885955&sr=1-13[/ame] ?

Tech Wizard

Nice chair, crazy price!!

I don't think the cushioning for your butt's as important as the backing to get your posture right.
    Know thy music ...

I used to do work place ergonomic assessments as my job, if you're spending any length of time (anything over 1 hour per time) in a computer chair then it's extremely important if you don't want to get bad back, collapsed stomach muscles, RSI (repetitive strain injury) and host of other delightful problems.

Make sure that what ever you buy has lumber support (supports the curve in your spine about your hands length up, point to point, from your coccyx bone).

Your thigh to your knee needs to be parallel to the floor and from your knee to your feet needs to be at a right angle to the floor (or 50 degree angle if using an angled foot rest which is also fine).

Sit with straight back not leaning forward and shoulders in a comfortable relaxed position.

Always use a mouse and keyboard support.

Make sure you follow these rules and you'll be fine.

Edit - If using a work station then make sure the monitor is at head heigh as best you can and try not to have the screen anything other than in front of you if possible. If dual screening then have them both in front of you so you don't have to turn your head so much.
    If using a laptop try to use it on a table sitting as I have described above but buy your-self a laptop raiser and use the keyboard support and get an external mouse as track pads can give you carpal tunnel syndrome if used all the time, so can mice but at least you can get a support for them.
    Last edited by Fyoog; 08-27-2010 at 05:05 AM.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

@ CUTFLOW:

"Now make me a cup of fucking tea"

I love that guy.

We watched SNATCH again 2 nites ago...

Sorry OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    @ CUTFLOW:

I love that guy.

Sorry OT.
    Bricktop: "In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?"

Late in the film: "Listen, you fucking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your fucking Jacobs off."

Great charachter!!!

Also features on Rusko's cockney thug.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/10163888

I had to link the swedish site... I'm very patriotic
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

On topic, yes the chair you have is very important. Mine sucks though so I can't offer any advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    @ CUTFLOW:

I love that guy.

Sorry OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    Bricktop: "In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?"

Late in the film: "Listen, you fucking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your fucking Jacobs off."

Great charachter!!!

Also features on Rusko's cockney thug.
    Snatch is one of my favoritest movies of all time. As well as Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Rock n Rolla, but Snatch is the best.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Lumbar support this, ergonomic that.... Ergonomic chairs will ruin your back in the long run cause they atrophy your stomach muscles, make them lazy.

The best way to avoid back stain is to MOVE. Get up, dance a little, change positions. A little bloodflow is also good for the brain.

I'm an industrial designer by trade, so I'm not dissing ergonomics, but it's WAY overated in the chair dept, cos seat manufacturers want to sell more expensive corporate seating. Trust me. 90% of ergo seats are not adjusted properly, so...

Move around & you'll be fine as long as you have something soft under your rump

Oh and while we're talking favorites, this is such a designer cliche, but so hard to beat:
    http://www.dwr.com/product/designers...ortby=ourPicks
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast