Macbook FS/FT for a vci-100 and a few questions!

Default Macbook FS/FT for a vci-100 and a few questions!

Hey guys!

I'm new on this forum, I've been browsing for a few months now and I've decided that I'm going with the vci-100.

First off i had a few questions:

1. If I buy a vci-100, the standard one, how do i upgrade the firmware to have the same functions as the vci-100se?

2. My second question is for people that have had both the vci-100 and the 300, which do you prefer?

AND to stay true with the title I have a barely used white macbook for sale. It the newest one before the new generation came out. I bough this late september and have everything that it came with including the box. I bought it for 1000 so I'll let it go for 750, and include a brand new never used hp photosmart c4480. I'm also willing to do a trade for a vci-100, and SE, a 300, also looking for a soundcard as well. Thanks guys!

-nathan
    Last edited by NateD; 11-21-2008 at 12:43 AM.

SO i did a bit more research and found out that you can buy the upgrade on here!

Sorry, I am new to all this...

So my questions have been answered except i am confused, I know that the firmware changes the function of the buttons but is the layout of buttons different on the SE than the regular vci-100? Meaning is there more or less buttons?

Tech Mentor

Nate, on the SE, there's more functions with the same amount of buttons. It's different but you can just purchase an overlay from the webstore http://techtools.myshopify.com/produ...-100-overlays/ I'll be picking them up before Christmas but for now, have relied off this http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...ngoldenvci.gif

Tech Wizard

My belief is that each functional component in your setup should be a separate dedicated unit, not only for reliability and flexibility (i.e., being able to swap one component out for another) but also for performance (transmitting MIDI and audio over the same cable carries a significant latency penalty, and the built-in audio output is not as powerful as a dedicated sound card).

My obvious choice is the VCI-100.

Hey thanks for the reply guys! I've been really looking into the vci-300 because of itch, i loved scratch, and when using my friends setup enjoyed it. The vci-100 has more functions and built in effects. I was researching last night and correct me if I'm wrong but you can use an separate effects unit with the vci-300 but it would only go through the master output? Also i didn't find this in my research but how many cue points can the vci-300 handle and can it be used like the SE for controllerism? I'm sorry for all the questions, I would like to make the right decision before buying.

-Nate