Show off your "STYLEFLIP" Gear Ideas
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Show off your "STYLEFLIP" Gear Ideas

I was thinking of adding some graffiti of some sort to my decks, mixer, and midi controllers to give them a different look. Was wanting to see all you DJTT members idea's.

if you have no clue what this thread is about go look here and come back and make your comments.

http://www.styleflip.com/
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

They do look nice if YOU plan the layouts and labels well but it sure is a lot cheaper to just have the thing painted.
    Know thy music ...

get it pink with the shadows of dogs on it in blue

thats what i would do...
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I checked that out a few months ago, but couldn't find the VCI-100. Turns out it's under Pro audio gear, not DJ gear. Checkout the desktop background thread for some ideas.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

That is pretty damn cool.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

I like my gear nice and clean looking. But if I could find one clean looking with cool colors I would be down
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    I like my gear nice and clean looking. But if I could find one clean looking with cool colors I would be down
    that's the beauty of this one, you design it yourself so you can pick how clean it looks. i might just color code sections of a mixer or something like that with some simple graphics, maybe a name or something like that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by The Progen View Post
    They do look nice if YOU plan the layouts and labels well but it sure is a lot cheaper to just have the thing painted.
    I think what you mean is... they sure do look a lot cheaper if you just have the thing painted.

54$ for a vci 100
    full color print on a material that can be taken off if needed.
    all the holes perfectly cut out(ask them to make a arcade edition)
    all the knob info added ontop if you choose to do so

How long would it take you to do this yourself?
    guess it depends on how you go about it...

no turning back method: mask out knobs so paint wont go inside or removal of faceplate.

paper version? a bit of sweat and its curling like arnold in his pumping iron days

styleflip copy version: good luck cutting holes nicely without plotter

and getting the knob info back on perfectly is another issue.. depends on the gear and what you really need to see.

The way I see it is... and this is just me and my opinion on it.... Is from start to finish if I can do the whole thing in less than 1 hour then I will/would do it myself.... that is if I could do it without errors and without having to problem solve the problems that come with any DIY project. But Im a realist and know that I would spend ALOT of time on something like this...that me... I wouldnt want 2 peices of material joined together if I cant just make a print straight off the printer. The money I earn per hour doesnt justify the time I would have to spend making something like this. I have 6 peices of gear with a style flip and paid for them with half a days work.

my point being having a styleflip is an added bonus of giving your gear something unique. I only have them to remind me not to make pop music and keep it dark/heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    that's the beauty of this one, you design it yourself so you can pick how clean it looks. i might just color code sections of a mixer or something like that with some simple graphics, maybe a name or something like that.

after getting my colored knobs.. I wish I had done that.. Having a similar color underneath the area with the colored knobs. I ran into a situation where the UV knobs contrasted too much with the styleflip underneath.. thats why I added red nail polish to the knobs and design underneath....

dont quote me on this if your British... but the nail polish does make the knobs feel better

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast