I think my audio 4 is F^&ked
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I think my audio 4 is F^&ked

The sound coming from my A4 sounds muffled, especially the low end.... Its hard to explain other than it sounds like im playing low quality tracks... (all my tracks are 320 from beatport)

When i listen to the bass its like every second or third beat sounds like its missing part of the audio. Sometimes it similar to say if i were bringing in another track and the bass were phasing each other out, also there seems to be the odd poping or clicking (i think, i might just be going batty).... however this is just with the one track. Im using HDJ2000 headphones along with a DJTT USB cable, which I have changed in and out with no audible difference....

Just to make sure it isnt just me, I keep checking the sound against the same file playing in itunes with what im hearing coming via TP and my A4, and sure enough the file in itunes is clear and loud in itunes but the file playing via A4 sounds muddy. I have also internally recorded these tracks but they sound perfectly fine when played back through itunes.

My Audio Routing in TP is as follows.

OUTPUT MONITOR

L 3:Ch B left
    R 4:Ch B Right

OUTPUT MASTER

L 1:Ch A left
    R 2:Ch A right

Also, a couple of weeks ago when I first got my MF's I wanted to hook them up to my DJM800 mixing externally. When I went to play I found that the tracks didnt sound right... I found that when I turned the Pan nob that only half the signal was getting to the mixer... firstly I thought that it was due to my settings, however the problem was still there after I had changed the output routing to what is deonstrated on the NI website. At that time I intended on posting here and asking but i was busy trying to get my MF's to work and figured the A4 problem was likely something simple I was missing and id figure it out later, however in light of this new problem with the sound when mixing internally, Im wondering if the two problems are related..

Any ideas, before my brain explodes.

Also, I only just recently worked out that you could select an input mode with your A4. Ive already selected Line as im playing digital....however It seems I have to select this setting everytime I use the A4, is there a way I can save the setting?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Quote Originally Posted by xolunt View Post
    Also, I only just recently worked out that you could select an input mode with your A4. Ive already selected Line as im playing digital....however It seems I have to select this setting everytime I use the A4, is there a way I can save the setting?
    This is only relevant if you're using timecodes. Line=Cd's Phono=Wax.
    So if you're not using timecode, there's no need.

raise your latency

what is it at right now?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

my quick 2 cents...
    check your levels, make sure its not clipping in the red. turn the tracks gain down to -3 and turn the master down to -3. See if the sound opens up.
    also, turn off your keylock (master tempo). this has caused me bass problems too.

OK cheers for the advice so far, I made sure when testing the tracks that it wasnt clipping at bar indicator in TP. I just checked my latency settings and the sampling rate was at 42K with a latency setting 0f 4ms, Is this to small?

Atm im running 2 midifighter's and my VCI into a logitec non powered hub which then connects to usb on my MAC closet to the screen. My A4 is then connected to other other USB. Mabye the to extra controllers is taking effect.

What latency setting would you reccomend?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

While im at it, I noticed if i shut my mac whilst running TP with the soundcard plugged in, it gives a white nocie signal. I assume this is normal?

latency: 4ms is rly small and from my experiences, it's for the faster computers on the market, however it should be fine with mac... Anyway, try to jump with your latency higher, hit 10ms mark and see how that goes.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

You get that both from the rca outs AND the headphone out ?

Quote Originally Posted by xolunt View Post
    While im at it, I noticed if i shut my mac whilst running TP with the soundcard plugged in, it gives a white nocie signal. I assume this is normal?
    this is normal, mine does it as well
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Keylock!!! I cant believe it.... I turned of the key lock and the signal became so much clearer...

whats strange is that I was only +0.8 pitch...

I gave up using "master tempo" on my CDJ's when i first got them, now im ditching the keylock on TP.... I gues I never really had a decent enough set of headphones to notice it..

Cheers everyone for the help... much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast