Connecting Audio 8 and conventional mixer
    Tech Convert

Default Connecting Audio 8 and conventional mixer

Hi!
    i have a question to all u season DJs.

currently i have an old analogue numark 3 channels mixer.

can i use audio 8 to connect this mixer to TSP? from what i know is that just set TSP to external mixer, and i can control EQ and crossfading from this old mixer. TSP will only act as a media player. if i want to access the FX of TSP, i just need to hook up 2 units of X1 to audio 8, and i'll be able to use the FX of TSP. As for cueing and scratching, i can use 2 TT to hook up to audio 8 and use 2 time coded vinyls.

am i right? or do i really need to cough up cash to buy xone 92 or xone 4d (or something similar)...

i'm so confused...life used to be so much simpler with analogue...HAHAHAHAHA

THX GUYS!

You can hook up the audio 8 to any analog mixer, your numark included.
    As for effects, you don't need the X1. You can control traktors effects with a mouse and keyboard if you want to. The X1 is just a controller, that sends info to your computer/traktor, it doesn't hook up to the audio 8, it hooks up to a usb port on you computer. So any midi controller can control pretty much anything in traktor.
    And yes you can cue and scratch with timecodes and turntables hooked into the audio 8.
    Hope this helps.

Tech Convert

thx str8uodrew for the assistance!

one more question. if i hook my numark to audio 8, TSP set to external mixer, i can "control" the EQ, fader, volume, and channel gain of TSP? so TSP will only act as a media player. how does TSP "knows" which channel i'm on or crossfading to?

thx again! i'm so really new into all this digital stuff...

Yeah, the volume sliders and EQ controls "in traktor" are not used when mixing in external mode, since these are controlled by the external mixer.

And traktor doesn't have to know which channel you're crossfading to. Traktor is sending out audio to all the outputs that you have playing; then the mixing, crossfading, EQ'ing, are all handled by the external mixer. Think of traktor like a cd player for each deck, the sound card (audio 8) divides the decks to separate channels, then your external mixer mixes them together to your liking.

Tech Convert

Thank you so so so so much!