A Company needs to make GOOD controller stands! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Do you guys really want to carry around deck savers made of wood? lol.
    I though the whole idea with controllers was to lighten the load on dj's, so we only need to bring a lappy and controller. Not large bits of cumbersome plastic, just in case.

The current stuff on the market, e.g. the stanton uberstand, is geared towards the mobile DJ. As such, it needs to be lightweight and portable. These specs alone dictate that the stand will be somewhat flimsy/bouncy.

Then youve got the other end of the spectrum. I got a rock solid budget stand the other day, no wobble, adjustable width, etc, but it isnt the most portable.

The trouble is, its nigh impossible to cover both those requirements and still make the stand affordable/competetive.
    Then theres the problem of making it universal enough to fit anything in a dj booth. If a controllerist turns up to a club, his hardware could be any size/shape. What youre proposing is a logistical nightmare for any company.
    Dont forget... everyone is different. Controllers have nothing to do with being some mobile dj like you may imagine. I think If Im not mistaken, controllers are for controlling stuff. And If it does the job, then it is for anyone who wants to use it to "control" his or her software. I can understand the old fashion DJ having to be able to carry the weight of a record box and anything else he might need. So if having a decksaver along for the ride to give a solid surface to set up on... Then this is a great option for the bottomline....Setting up and djing without all these situations where the dj is having temper tantrums because there is no room to set up or the house/resident dj trying to make it impossible to do so. In my opinion... thats alot of respect to have a decksaver along to protect the clubs gear instead of not having it.
    Also you can try and call ahead to mabey get an idea of what the dj booth it like.. but that wont always happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    Are you from the crane stand company?
    Seems like it.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theCraneStand View Post
    On it.
    You should think more about enter in Latin America market, there is a huge market here, paying big big taxes to import some pro stuff. Behringer is alredy established as a low-price seller company by here, but with a better quality you can get his market share, for sure

Tech Guru

Well givin that crane stands supposidley have good quality lets see if my prayers have been anwsered haha
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

I think a dual version would be good or some sort of adaptor that can be used with two normal crane stands. Im not sure what kind of weight a crane stand can hold... The best stand Ive seen but probally too heavy for most people is the pro gear oddessy stand, not to mention how expensive it is. The good points are that it has a nice flat base that can be put underneath whatver it is that needs it. But in a club dj booth situation.. sometimes the wiring and stuff is shoved behind or underneath the decks.
    The only part I dont like about the crane stands is that its one foot instead of something even.. if your gear isnt raised up it causes it to wobble back and forth. Seems like there really is never going to be a true universal stand. Assembly and stands seems to be an issue for some people who are not able to put them together understress or low light.

Tech Mentor

There's this controller called the Otis RAW? Fits right over TT's or CDJ's...

Or foam, what's wrong with that? Seems like a great solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    There's this controller called the Otis RAW? Fits right over TT's or CDJ's...

Or foam, what's wrong with that? Seems like a great solution.
    not everyone wants one....

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

I have actually got bitched at for using foam with my midi fighter over a CDJ. Foam to me just doesnt look professional and people don't want to see you put your controllers directly over other equipment with foam. I know if it was my gear I woulnd't let them do it.

Maybe a stand with the same base as an Otis Raw?????
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123