Very quick mixedinkey question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Very quick mixedinkey question

Am I doing something wrong, or does Mixedinkey for windows not recognise .m4a files (bought from iTunes store)?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think it's a recent add on, at least it was for the Mac version. Check your version and make sure your up to date.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I bought it yesterday, so I'm pretty sure it's up to date :P

Hmmm, looks like I might just have to wait... or get a mac

Where do you have it selected to store the key info? I think AAC (or maybe it's the new id3 tags) doesn't have a key field so it won't show up in the key field in Traktor. I have my preferences set to put the key info in the key field and then in front of the comments as well.

Here's some good tips and I would be willing to bet Chad from MIK will comment in this thread eventually.

http://community.mixedinkey.com/Topic.aspx?ID=5553
    Chris Jennings FHP

Nah, it's just that mixedinkey doesn't even recognise the files, so I don't even get as far as analysing the key. Serves me right for buying from iTunes I guess :P

Convert your m4a's to wav and you are golden dude. wavs and mp3's are the format Mik recognises (maybe flac also, not sure)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Convert your m4a's to wav and you are golden dude. wavs and mp3's are the format Mik recognises (maybe flac also, not sure)
    Yeah, I know... but I have a LOT of songs in m4a...

What about converting a copy of your m4a tracks (to either wav or mp3) and processing those. You can then still use the original in traktor and manually add the results to the comments in their respective traktor tags.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    What about converting a copy of your m4a tracks (to either wav or mp3) and processing those. You can then still use the original in traktor and manually add the results to the comments in their respective traktor tags.
    this is exactly what i do, fiddly, but providing you keep on top of the new tunes you buys its not that bad.

So is that just a Windows thing? I don't have any problems with songs I buy from iTunes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast