Traktor Jumping Out Of Sync Live
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Jumping Out Of Sync Live

I was playing at a festival last weekend that was running a Funktion 1 sound system and as soon as I started Traktor Pro up using my Vestax VCI 100 I noticed that the 2 arrows that point in opposite directions below where it shows the BPM were flashing like mad. I am not sure whether I may have pressed the vinyl mode button and this is why it was doing it. If I pressed the sync button it would sync again but I had to keep doing this every few seconds to stop the timing going out. I had two powerful monitors facing into me and I wondered whether this was causing it because when I had them switched off it seemed to ease a little although not much.

Is it known for sound systems or lighting rigs to interfere with Traktor? I wonder also whether playing out live whether one needs a screened USB cable for the Vestax and also my Native instruments audio 8!!

Other peoples feedback of experience would be welcome.

the monitor vibrations causes the jogwheel of the vci to move a little bit. put some foam under the vci and it should work..

do a forum search as well, there are many other hints how to deal with this..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Jack Bastard

If you haven't got any foam a jumper will do the trick, as demonstrated in this photo:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    If you haven't got any foam a jumper will do the trick, as demonstrated in this photo:
    [/img]
    yeah. smoking weed always helps
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Jack Bastard

I've been trying to work that out myself, I don't think it was weed but I only actually remember about 25% of the set I played, so it could well have been. People would come up to me the next day and say, 'I loved it when you dropped that Rosie Gains track' and I'd be

Traktor's history confirms I definitely did.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post

Thanks but could you show me a frontal or better photo so I can see what you have done?

Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    the monitor vibrations causes the jogwheel of the vci to move a little bit. put some foam under the vci and it should work..

do a forum search as well, there are many other hints how to deal with this..
    I see that figures. Thanks for your help.