All-in-1 DJ controllers ($500 budget, your suggestion plz)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default All-in-1 DJ controllers ($500 budget, your suggestion plz)

hi guys, as the title suggest, I am in the market for a new DJ controller...
    I've got a lot of options here so am after a few opinions as what you think? my current set up is this:
    2006 macbook
    tracktor 1.2.4
    Technics 1210 x 2
    CDJ 800 x 2
    3 sound card setups (backups)
    DDM 4000 (with 4 Deck control mapping of traktor, my portable setup for gigs)
    am basically after a more portable flexiable setup which i aim to use in controlerist set DJmix and production, I like vms 4, had a look at the hercules e2 with use of the korg nanopads, all controllers, all idea welcome

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Gonna have to say VCI-100 you can find used in the $300-$400 range if your patient
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I expected that to be the first out of the bag on this site just want to see what other suggest tho...

Tech Mentor

Vms4!

I have the Xponent and im pretty damn happy with it. Mappable to traktor, ableton, etc, but the Torq software it comes with is pretty damn nice too if you ask me. For a piece of plastic its pretty damn solid and has a lotta spunk behind it. great beginner/budget controller

http://soundcloud.com/dj-solus
    -
    Equipment: M-Audio Xponent w/ Torq Software, Akai APC40 w/ Ableton Live 8, Korg Padkontrol

I would say the Kontrol X1
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

If you want to plug your decks etc through it you need an all-in-one with analogue inputs, and the Hercules DJ Console RMX - while clunky (and don't expect to scratch) - is well made and flexible in this respect: Hercules RMX & Virtual DJ 6 vs Vestax VCI-300 & Serato ITCH
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

Herc Steel ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I'd say an X1.

Not exactly all in one but you can just buy a cheap midi controller to control the mixer or use a cheap external mixer

Honestly on a $500 budget, with what you already have, I would say take a serious look at the American Audio VMS4.

Besides the VCI-100, the VMS4 is the other big player now in that price bracket. Since you already have CDJ's, and Audio Interface, and even another mixer, it could be a perfect 4 channel solution to hook up your CDJ's through and simplify your setup a bit.

If you want a 2 channel solution? The VCI-100SE is probably the other bet I'd look at.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast