PC to MAC

Thread: PC to MAC

Default PC to MAC

I've almost completed my transfer from PC to MAC(never owned a mac ever)... it was somewhat of a challenge to get my traktor to intergrate, but i can assure you... ITS ALL WORTH IT.. I had a brand new HP pc, like 3 months old which i was only using mainly for traktor!!! had many issues in the process, glitches, ect.. whole bunch of other issues, i tried to minimize those by following many many forums for optimizing windows 7 issues for maximizing CPU issues, which i did.... but no luck...
    The MAC is the totally a much much better OS system than PC by FAR!!! im serious~~ for djing purposes... this is well worth EVERY DOLLAR for the Mac, hands down.....

Yeah Ive been thinking of doing the same thing. For doing video and image work, MACs are alot more stable as well.
    The only downside to a MAC is the price being super inflated. The Macbook pro I have configured on the Apple site is already at 4250$ Thats quite alot but I figure until I grow a few new sets of arms I dont think I would ever need much more than is already out there to do what I want to do. Run ableton, Serato, and some video stuff.

Is a SSD drive going to really make a huge difference? if not I can reduce the cost by 1300$

Tech Guru

I own both (an Asus G73JH - BADASS laptop) and a 13" entry level MacBook Pro. I love both for specific reasons. The PC laptop I use for production, and the Mac I use for DJ work. I went with the 13" for portability reasons.

Anyhow, to answer your questions Frog, I also own an Intel SSD X-25 w/ 160GB, it makes a considerable difference as far as bootup, program launching - anything that requires loading the data from the main drive into memory. After any information gets loaded into RAM, its really not noticeable. The main reason to upgrade to SSD is for responsiveness, and durability (i.e: the laptop being able to withstand more shock in transportation), if you travel plenty then I consider it a great investment.

Don't buy the SSD from Apple, they buy wholesale from Samsung and mark up the price. The unibody models are easy to work on even if you have minimal tech experience, you can swap it out yourself and save considerable money. Same with RAM upgrades.

Anyhow, as a tech enthusiast, I love both PC and Mac. Cheers to both!

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    Yeah Ive been thinking of doing the same thing. For doing video and image work, MACs are alot more stable as well.
    The only downside to a MAC is the price being super inflated. The Macbook pro I have configured on the Apple site is already at 4250$ Thats quite alot but I figure until I grow a few new sets of arms I dont think I would ever need much more than is already out there to do what I want to do. Run ableton, Serato, and some video stuff.

Is a SSD drive going to really make a huge difference? if not I can reduce the cost by 1300$

i upgraded to the 500g 7200RPM HD for an a=additional $50.00 dollars, works great.