Gear oriented MF questions

Default Gear oriented MF questions

I've been asking questions about various ways to get going with the digital DJ route and this is in my thread in the general discussion forum, but I thought that it might be better asked in here, if that is against the forum rules, I apologise in advance...

I just watched the midifighter mix on the front page (the one where Ean is using 2 midi fighters that starts with the rage against the machine song) and man that really made me itch for a couple of those, with that in mind things might get quite a bit easier on the equipment side of things, so real quick

A) what is the mixer that ean is using, and is there a 4 channel equivalent

B) what would be some nice 2 and 4 channel mixers/controllers that work well with traktor

C) could I still go timecode and controllers with the 2 midifighter setup

D) is it possible to go full on with it and get 4 midifighters (one for each deck in traktor pro) all while running the whole thing with 1 4 channel mixer/controller, I imagine that could be some true madness (or I could get overly enamored with all of the buttons and make stuff that sounds like total shit, but I think the things are slicker than whale shit)

Again thanks to everyone that has taken the time to help me out

the mixer ean is using is a ttm57sl which is generally used with serato

a cheap 4 channel mixer that works with traktor is the ddm4000 a really cheap 2 channel one is an xsession pro you could also go with the new denon mixers,reloop usb mixers, or if you are going for timecode you could get an analogue 2 channel mixer and an audio 4 dj w/ traktor scratch pro.

the last question yes you could have 4 midi fighters with an audio 8 running into an analogue mixer or just running a usb mixer.

you can have as many controllers as have usb ports or powered hub, but with timecode an audio 4 you can have 2 timecodes and audio 8's you can have 4 timecodes which limits it

thats probobly a bit muddled up but theres some truth in there