SCS controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCS controller

Tech Convert

Default SCS controller

Hey Gang,
    I just picked up and SCS 3M controller and I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems with it that I have. First off I was was given a european power supply, which doesn't work as well in the US, so for the time being I've been running it only on USB power. I can see that this fact alone could be the cause of the problems but I thought it best to check.

The dilemma occurs when any other other controller is plugged into the system. I'll have the SCS plugged in and working, and when I add my X1 the lights on the SCS start strobing and the interface becomes unresponsive. It has also locked when being used ( when it seemed to be working fine along with the other controller). Note: Traktor is the program being used for all of this.

I can estimate that the lack of it's own power supply is the culprit but I wanted to see what perspectives might be out there. I just want to make sure I don't have a defective product.

Cheers
    Ammon

sounds to my like a lack of power. i have a scs 3m and actually never powered it without any problems.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

You need to be using the power adapter with the SCS.3m if you're plugging ANYTHING else into it. That is your problem.

Tech Convert

Yeah, so far there is no power supply at all.

First, let's make sure that you have to and from darouter scs 3. It is possible to get the scs3m to work with all ports selected. However, this will cause problems when you connect another device.

Also, are we sure that we're using separate tsi for the different devices.

I would try running with the 3m first, to and from darouter. And then plugging in the new device, and then add device, and then import tsi.

ALSo, you may want to check to see if your pnp device enumerator is started.

i had the same problem at first but the truth is you have to plug in the adaptor for it to work. trust me try it out. your prooblem lies with lack of power supply

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    You need to be using the power adapter with the SCS.3m if you're plugging ANYTHING else into it. That is your problem.
    Something tells me he might know what hes talking about...

Tech Convert

At this point I'm waiting for stanton to mail me the appropriate power adaptor so that I CAN plug it in.

Tech Guru

Ammon, did you already speak to their service dept?

Tech Convert

Yeah, they had me send them a photo of the unusable power adaptor as well as a copy of the receipt. They said they'd send along a proper adaptor after that.

A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast