Memorable things asked of you while DJ-ing a party...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Memorable things asked of you while DJ-ing a party...

Memorable things asked of you while DJ-ing a party...

dont know if we have one of these threads yet...but i will start...

i have two...

i was playing an 80s party...rockin some De La Soul...she comes up and ask "can me and my boyfriend hear some hip hop"...i pointed to the speakers and told her "whats this?"...she said "we want to hear some current hip hop"...i leaned over and told her "you do realize this is an 80s party?"...dumb B!tch...

and

"hey man...where's the ice?"...not sure if he meant for his drink or some crystal meth...(shrugs)...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

at the end of a dnb party a bunch of house head clubbers made it to the club and wanted some house music. It was 7am and the club owners already asked to wind it down. They were obviously rolling... and they kept coming up asking for house... then one tried to act cool and says.. come on give us some 4/4 kick drums. Reached into the crate and gave them a gabber rinse out, started it on 33... and they got that x revive all happy... then I hit 45... and the rest was the perfect ending/last song

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    at the end of a dnb party a bunch of house head clubbers made it to the club and wanted some house music. It was 7am and the club owners already asked to wind it down. They were obviously rolling... And they kept coming up asking for house... Then one tried to act cool and says.. Come on give us some 4/4 kick drums. Reached into the crate and gave them a gabber rinse out, started it on 33... And they got that x revive all happy... Then i hit 45... And the rest was the perfect ending/last song
    :d classic!
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

i was asked to play some radio head at an electro party...the best part was him telling me how to mix it:

"hey man, can you play some tiesto, slow it down a bit and throw some sped up radiohead lyrics over it."
    i told him i would do it just to get him out of my face (he was being super pushy and touch with me).
    ---
    some girl asked for some lil wayne the same night. if the bar was empty and no one were dancing, i would play whatever would make them dance, but it was friggin packed. =/

"hey man...where's the ice?"...not sure if he meant for his drink or some crystal meth...(shrugs)...

This just happened. A first timer. Never happened to me before. a dude came up to me after my set. He asked me if me and my girl would like to have a threesome with him. He´s been serious. Than started creeping after my chick... WTF?

I had to leave the booth during my set to show him his boundaries if you get what i mean. I´m still thinking about other ways to react then violence? But i tried talking him down, didnt work.

Thoughts on this one??
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    This just happened. A first timer. Never happened to me before. a dude came up to me after my set. He asked me if me and my girl would like to have a threesome with him. He´s been serious. Than started creeping after my chick... WTF?

I had to leave the booth during my set to show him his boundaries if you get what i mean. I´m still thinking about other ways to react then violence? But i tried talking him down, didnt work.

Thoughts on this one??
    Should've just said 'nah man, we aren't into that - Maybe another time. Give me your number and i'll give you a call if we ever feel up to it'

Worked when a dude asked me about the same. It totally freaked me out.

Yep, just say that the ratio of men to women is wrong for you and your girl
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    this just happened. A first timer. Never happened to me before. A dude came up to me after my set. He asked me if me and my girl would like to have a threesome with him. He´s been serious. Than started creeping after my chick... Wtf?

Thoughts on this one??
    kick... His... Ass...!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast