CDJs vs TTs + Controller
    Tech Convert

Default CDJs vs TTs + Controller

At the moment I have cdjs as midi controllers for traktor, and am debating making the switch to technics 1200s and a controller for cue points, looping, and effects. If I sell the cdjs and get techs, I can gain around $200 for a good controller (x1 probably) and have a sweet setup. I dont really like the feel of cdjs and I'm pretty sure a big ass moving disk would be more my thing. Anyone have any input? Yes, no... pros and cons... any advice would be nice

My $0.02 (or £0.02 in my case) would be that if you haven't DJ'd on vinyl before then there's no reason to go down that route now; I think DVS is great for people coming from vinyl

Perhaps it's worth looking at larger motorised controllers such as the Numark NS7 (for Itch) or the EKS Otus (for Traktor) that are closer to turntables in terms of form factor
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Lantau View Post
    My $0.02 (or £0.02 in my case) would be that if you haven't DJ'd on vinyl before then there's no reason to go down that route now; I think DVS is great for people coming from vinyl

Perhaps it's worth looking at larger motorised controllers such as the Numark NS7 (for Itch) or the EKS Otus (for Traktor) that are closer to turntables in terms of form factor
    I understand that there are midi controllers with moving platters, but I'm not out to spend more money. I'd be gaining money if I switch to TTs, instead of spending a ton more for something that emulates the feel of vinyl.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

First things first. Have you used vinyl before...

It is nothing like any other form of DJing and CDJs are a whole different world that dont compare to TTs when it comes to mixing.

You need to know that you like using TTs first. Dont assume its like using CDJs. It isnt.

Try before you buy...!!!

If you already know that TTs feel like, then i dont see the dilemma..? Did you like it?

2 TTs and an X1 is a great setup. 2 TTs and 2 X1s is awesome.