"What We're Gonna Do Is Go Back"
    Tech Convert

Default "What We're Gonna Do Is Go Back"

Around here it was "Classics" weekend last week (it seems to have spilled into the week as well". Anyway, I must have heard about 30 different drops which all said something to the effect of "What we're gonna do is go back" which is followed by a sick house track from 10 years ago. Anyone know the name of the track these drops are coming from or know where I can get that drop?

i have some tracks with that qoute. "what we gonna do is go back... back into time"

i think its on a remix of eric B and Rakim.. pump up the volume. but i am not really sure, i´ll look in my crates later and hopefully will report back to you.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Man there's loads of songs that have used that sample but the only one I can thinks at the beginning is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdNusNjnbEI
    SC | MC

The "what we gonna do right here is go back..." sample originally came from "Troglodyte" by the Jimmy Castor Bunch in 1972:

[youtube]1a3gHYiG6zg[/youtube]
    Last edited by corporation; 09-06-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Tech Mentor

yeah, its a highly sampled track.

This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tWPjh85Qt0

Have it on a Greg Churchill Mix CD from about 2000
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by awood09 View Post
    Around here it was "Classics" weekend last week (it seems to have spilled into the week as well". Anyway, I must have heard about 30 different drops which all said something to the effect of "What we're gonna do is go back" which is followed by a sick house track from 10 years ago. Anyone know the name of the track these drops are coming from or know where I can get that drop?
    You might already have the answer but have you checked out "Shades of Love - Body to Body (keep in touch)"?

the timing you mention sounds about right... and that's the one track that comes up... well, that and Todd Terry's - Weekend but there was a remix of Weekend that has a sick beat but they sample the hell out of "I can't take the heartbreak of you leaving me again" .. anyway, try shades of love. peace!