Output "artist - track" name from Traktor

Default Output "artist - track" name from Traktor

Any ideas how? I want to extract the track name that's cue'd/playing in Traktor and display it in other software. I'm aware of Twitter DJ (Richie Hawtin software) but I'm looking for something more generic. Is Traktor capable of outputting this information without any 3rd party software? Perhaps in the streaming options?

I know Hedgehog did some Traktor Track programming a while ago, made the PC version of Twitter DJ, maybe he can help?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's some last FM stuff out there that works with traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

The only way to get the info out of Traktor is through its streaming capability, which sends track info to the Icecast server so it can be displayed to listeners. The various twitter apps just leech that info off the stream and do their thing with it.

You need at least an icecast server then something to read then process the track info in a way that suits your fancy.
    You could hack your own icecast-like receiver and skip the middle man, but really that's a lot of wasted effort.

Since it goes through icecast there are some limitations on how fast you will get track changes - most notably icecast buffering.

(I hacked together my own Traktor | Twitter with some python)
    Last edited by bumtsch; 09-05-2010 at 12:41 PM.

ah right thanks - guess I'll have to use autohotkey to 'read' an x/y area of Traktor (the track display) and then convert that to text... bit hacky really. Why don't NI sort out a proper API?!

Tech Guru

I agree with you, it should be a built into traktor...