2 Traktor DJ's always make it on time? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mmusic View Post
    this is one of the few big drawbacks of digital djing.

it was so much easier to just go to a friends house and throw down some vinyl together for an instant party.
    we played at the river this weekend, and while i brought all the gear (sig) everyone else brought several usb sticks. seems quite a bit easier than lugging even one case of vinyl around.

edit: love the collab vid, thanks
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

@mmusic - True slapping on some vinyl couldn't be easier. But it really doesn't take that long to set your kit up together, and trust me you simply couldn't do the things on vinyl my friends and I do. The two pics below are from one of many sessions. When we play together like this it's all free style, we mainly stick to loops/fx loops. First we work out who take's care of what, Bass, beats, melodies and scratching. Then we swap around, of course things can get a little out of hand, but mostly it's a lot of fun, and every now and then we hit those real special moments when we just wish we was recording!
    The set up below is a prime example when midi clock linking everything together really helps.
    Last edited by Dubba Dutch; 09-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Tech Guru

First of all thank you for the tutorial Dubba Dutch i understood it better than the one on F.A.Q and its better explained

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    @mmusic - True slapping on some vinyl couldn't be easier. But it really doesn't take that long to set your kit up together, and trust me you simply couldn't do the things on vinyl my friends and I do. The two pics below are from one of many sessions. When we play together like this it's all free style, we mainly stick to loops/fx loops. First we work out who take's care of what, Bass, beats, melodies and scratching. Then we swap around, of course things can get a little out of hand, but mostly it's a lot of fun, and every now and then we hit those real special moments when we just wish we was recording!
    The set up below is a prime example when midi clock linking everything together really helps.
    btw that looks so sick i wanna jam out with all that gear
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

No worries Santos!!!

"btw that looks so sick i wanna jam out with all that gear "

Yeah I'm a complete and utter gear geek, I love me toys! The picture doesn't show my Boss Rc-50 sample pedal under the desk which is also slaved by the same midi clock as the other set ups. Plus the Akai MPK 49 is running Kore player for me soft synths, which again is midi clock linked virtually to Traktor pro on the same little white mac book, bless it.

Tech Guru

yeaa im that way too but just dont buy everything i want lol

btw since you know alot about syncing up i tryed to route my traktor in ableton using this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDoKgQU-a8A

but it seems like an older video of traktor and it doesnt have the same preference tab do you have any ideas on routing it how he did
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

I remember when NI binned the old Midi options window, confused the shit out of me at first! I'm guessing you want to sync Trakor to other software on the same machine?

As described in section 3: in my tutorial -

3:On both computer's open Traktors preference's, click on 'control manager', then 'add', and choose 'GENERIC MIDI' from the drop down menu. Now simply make sure both IN-PORTS and OUT-PORTS are set to ALL PORTS.

This will ensure Traktor is sending a Midi clock signal internally as well as externally.

If you are not syncing to anything external from your computer, you don't actually need both IN-PORTS and OUT-PORTS set to ALL PORTS. All you need to do is set
    IN-PORTS = Traktor Virtual Input and OUT-PORTS = Traktor Virtual Output.
    With this method midi clock will signal will be kept internal.

Tho I'm not sure about Ableton, most software I come across has a simple accept virtual/external midi clock option within preferences tab, which will perform as the option suggests. Traktors extensive midi options like to keep you on your toes, the buggers.

Going back to Midi clock syncing to other setups , because Traktor use's a blank midi mapping page to send the midi clock with both ports set to all ports, any controller midi maps on the external/friends set up with the mapping page set to 'All Ports' will receive control messages if your control mapping also has 'All Ports' open. Hence always have the controller mapping set to it's own ports.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12