Will Beatunes overwrite my hand made BPM-data?!
    Tech Wizard

Default Will Beatunes overwrite my hand made BPM-data?!

Jo Guys,

I have a question and hope you guys can help me out. I just download the Itunes plugin 'Beatunes' which will let Itunes show the BMP of all my tracks in my Itunes library. But before I will install this plugin, I want to know what happens with the (correct) BPM of the tracks I already imported in Traktor Pro. I spend a lot of time gritting a lot of my tracks by hand in Traktor, and I am afraid Beatunes will overwrite the data of tracks i already made a grid/BPM for.

I searched the forum and couldnt find the right answer..

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

iTunes has a BPM field already and I have BPM's show up in that field. I don't pay much attention to it in iTunes though so I'm not sure what exactly is involved with it working. i.e do they need to be AAC, or mp3's or what, but the possibility is there without using the plug in.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I don't know the 'plugin' version of beatunes, but the full version will overwrite bpm by default, unless you switch it off in the preferences
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Wizard

Well the plugin version is probably the full version. But does it only overwrite the BPM in Itunes, or also in Traktor? I don't want to regrid all of my tracks. On this moment Itunes only shows the BPM of tracks I loaded in to Traktor or tracks which already had the right BPM when I downloaded them.. My only concern is I will need to regrid al of my tracks again in Traktor..

Quote Originally Posted by schaap View Post
    Well the plugin version is probably the full version. But does it only overwrite the BPM in Itunes, or also in Traktor? I don't want to regrid all of my tracks. On this moment Itunes only shows the BPM of tracks I loaded in to Traktor or tracks which already had the right BPM when I downloaded them.. My only concern is I will need to regrid al of my tracks again in Traktor..
    it overwrites the BPM in the file, which is read by both iTunes and Traktor.

I'm fairly certain it doesn't adjust your grids but I'd test a subsample first.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Wizard

well the most important thing is off course, when i change the bmp of tracks in Traktor, this correct / new BPM should also be shown in Itunes.. I will check it out, thanx for feedback.