Novation NIO or MAudio Fast Track Pro
    Tech Wizard

Default Novation NIO or MAudio Fast Track Pro

Hi guys.

I'm about to get my hands on a midi controller and has been thinking back and forth about VCI 100 and VCI 300. I think I have come to the conclusion that the VCI 100 will be the better option since it support FX, other than the great design I can't see any advantages for the 300, except integrated sound card.

After reading at the site I thought of getting the Novation sound card or the MAudio fast track pro. Which is the better in sound and stability? I saw some issues here about the MAudio and that it didn't have volume control for headphones which I thought it had.

Anyway,, gimme your thoughts about soundcard as well as the VCI 100 or other options. (Scratching is not important)

Tech Wizard

Wow,, I though this forum had many experts

Hi, i was buy fast track pro 6 month ago, it's bad deel, because i have a problem with this card, i am working in ableton from about 30 min, the sound stop and i need restart sound card and ableton, from 30 min again, i am cheking in inet, oh yes it's fast track pro problems!!!
    Best Regards [DJ Y-Sab] Vestax VCI-100 SE Traktor Scratch Pro Ableton Live 8 FL studio
    SoundClouds

I had and loved the Nio I had as part of my first digital setup a few years ago. They go for a little cheaper than the Fast Track.

These days though, the NI Audio2 is probably your best deal on cost/quality/necessity for a simple two output interface.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by vestax View Post
    Hi guys.

I'm about to get my hands on a midi controller and has been thinking back and forth about VCI 100 and VCI 300. I think I have come to the conclusion that the VCI 100 will be the better option since it support FX, other than the great design I can't see any advantages for the 300, except integrated sound card.

After reading at the site I thought of getting the Novation sound card or the MAudio fast track pro. Which is the better in sound and stability? I saw some issues here about the MAudio and that it didn't have volume control for headphones which I thought it had.

Anyway,, gimme your thoughts about soundcard as well as the VCI 100 or other options. (Scratching is not important)

Hey,

I just got the vci100se and M Audio Fast Track Pro, and they're awesome! I don't know what you're talking about, but the FS Pro DOES have headphone volume. I am running it on Windows 7 64bit, drivers installed perfectly and everything works great. It did take me some time to get the cueing to work, but other than that, great.

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys.

Appreciate your answers, anyone who have compared M audio FTP with NI DJ series?

I have the nio... I started using a xone 2d lately.. but it was really nice to use... was using it as an fx processor with my mixer.. small and the volume knobs are great and virtual fx rack is pretty sweet