Need a bit of help mapping a numeric keypad

Default Need a bit of help mapping a numeric keypad

Hey everyone,

after seeing a post in the controller mods forum i decided to get a numeric usb keypad and use it as a pseudo midi-fighter.

i got this targus keypad:

I've always used my SCS.3 controller with the stock mapping and i've never played around with mappings in traktor so this is my first venture into the world of midi mapping.

My first question is, is it possible to map some buttons so that they act on decks A or B depending on which one is playing? for example, i want to map keys + and - to control the size of my loops and the enter key to set the loop. If the song is playing on deck A, i would like the keys to automatically act on deck a, and then on the next song, when i press play on deck b, i would like the controls to automatically act on that deck.

If that is not possible, how do i map a shift key to change my loop controls from deck A to B ?

thanks!
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

ok, actually i mapped it to have seperate buttons for decks a and b. Now, i also mapped some buttons to trigger cue points. i'd however like to have a shift key to delete the cue points on selected cue buttons like on the single midi fighter mapping. how would i go about doing that?

thanks!
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X

well. i've found the answer to my question. and if i knew how to delete this post, i would
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X

hehe. yeah, this is kind of a grey area for some of us. were usually more helpful
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

could you tell me how you ended up doing it, or post your .tsi?

There is a modifier in Traktor called Play/Pause, which means the button will only do something if the deck is playing/paused

But you will have problems when both decks are playing and you try to set a loop.

The easiest way is seperate controls, like you have done - or use another key to switch the buttons or the deck focus between deck A/B
    SC | MC