Beginner on a Budget
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beginner on a Budget

Hi Guys,

Just signed up and I was hoping to get some advice. I'm really interested in using Traktor Pro for mixing music and was looking to get some inexpensive controllers. I'm new to this and would only be doing it as a hobby, so I don't want to invest a lot.

I already own a Korg NanoKey (impulse buy) and was thinking of the NanoKontrol and NanoPad (Ean Golden's We will Rock You was very cool). I've read reviews and I know the pad isn't of the best quality, but the two together are only ~$120. Is there something around that price range that will give me control over all of the features of Traktor? Or should I just go with the Nano series?

Thanks.
    Last edited by thoughts1053; 09-08-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Realized this should be in the general forum after reading the sticky. Can it be moved?

u can think of Djtech i mix reload ... its not vey cheap in price (360 USD)... .. but the Numark mixtrack is priced much lower .... thou i dont remember the price ... u can google it to find out....both of them can be mapped wit traktor ..... u have EQs ....effects knobs and faders...pitch control.... and 2 touch sensitive jogwheels for scratch....(am tokin bout I mix reload) ...... mixtrack is pretty similar to the i mix reload but a little lesser features

another simple cheap alternative to a control would be the numark total control, but you would need to get a soundcard sepearately unless you get the starter kit. imho, the NI Audio2DJ > Numark DJ i/o.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

numark mixtrack = 149 USD

Tech Mentor

I got a Hercules DJ Control Steel off Ebay for $180, and bought a NI Audio 2 DJ soundcard for $99. Both excellent purchases.

+1 for the Steeel and Audio 2.. You could go cheaper but in a few months you will be kicking yourself on going too cheap.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Numark Total Control with the Numark DJ I/O for $199CND

http://www.moogaudio.com/numark-tota...db2e9666027c09

mixtrack is 50$ less but the length of the faders are pretty small, i would pay the extra 50 for more buttons and comfort.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

I would opt for a secondhand BCR2000 and an Audio2DJ to start with.

True you would have to map everything under a rotary or a button, but in my opinion there still is no more versatile MIDI controller to start with, you can remap the entire thing on the fly when your ideas regarding spinning tunes change.

It's just too cool to be true if you ask me.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast