The update will include the following improvements:

New functionality:

* Resolution for "tempo" parameter increased
    * "Snap/Vinyl" mouse mode enabled for Traktor Duo / Traktor Scratch Duo

Fixes:

* Caching and waveform display issues with AAC files fixed
    * Startup crash on system sample rate mismatch fixed

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=72703

With the impending arrival of the S4 I was expecting something more like maybe sampler decks? I'm feeling slightly underwhelmed

YAWN !!!

hopefully AAC files will run better all together.

I'm really intrigued to find out how there going to install S4 features in to TP, seems pretty straight forward? then tell me why the S4 only has 2 fx units, is it a computer power thing or a paid for upgrade thing. Will TP users have to choose between S4 features and four fx units for it to run smoothly? But what I really wanna know is will TP work with the new hi res code for the S4 jogs, surely it will, it has to!!?? and if thats the case, the whole new software thing would be a pretty pointless experience for us users, but a great way for NI to maximize profits.

Plus will S4 users (especially TSP users) enjoy a free upgrade to dvs once activated on the S4, buy that point it'll pretty much be identical software.

I'm not hating, far from it, I couldn't respect NI more than I do.

BUT I JUST WANT A TIMECODE ENABLED S4 NOW!!!!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    hopefully AAC files will run better all together.
    They will be undistinguishable from any other files. Finally.

I'm really intrigued to find out how there going to install S4 features in to TP, seems pretty straight forward?
    It may seem so but its far from straight forward dude. There a number of differences and there will be further changes to TPRO before/when the S4 features are implemented.

then tell me why the S4 only has 2 fx units, is it a computer power thing or a paid for upgrade thing. Will TP users have to choose between S4 features and four fx units for it to run smoothly?
    The Kontrol S4 has 2 FX units... this does not mean that the S4 software has only got 2 FX slots...

But what I really wanna know is will TP work with the new hi res code for the S4 jogs, surely it will, it has to!!?? and if thats the case, the whole new software thing would be a pretty pointless experience for us users, but a great way for NI to maximize profits.
    Not sure im with you here dude? Pretty sure that the S4 jogs will work with TPRO as they are Native NHL not timecode but the point is that S4 is bundled with the Kontroller. The S4 software will not be made available on its own. So even if you plan to use TPRO, you will get S4 with the Kontroller anyway.
    Everyone with Traktor that buys the Kontrol S4 will end up with 2 versions of Traktor.

Plus will S4 users (especially TSP users) enjoy a free upgrade to dvs once activated on the S4, buy that point it'll pretty much be identical software.
    Nada... TPRO will get the S4 Sampler/Loop Recorder features but it will not have the DVS plugin so, the timecode ability will not be unlocked just as it isnt now. Users will have to use S4 to have the DVS capability.

BUT I JUST WANT A TIMECODE ENABLED S4 NOW!!!!
    Me and you both mate... i am foaming at the mouth about this controller.

Excellent, plan worked!! hoped I'd snare my self an informative Karlos Santos. As always, thanks for your input and knowledge on all things Traktor.

"Nada... TPRO will get the S4 Sampler/Loop Recorder features but it will not have the DVS plugin so, the timecode ability will not be unlocked just as it isnt now. Users will have to use S4 to have the DVS capability."

Sorry you miss understood me, I meant I'm hoping that 'IF' there is a fee to go dvs once the S4 supports it, I hope that existing Traktor Scratch Pro users that own the S4 package will get a free upgrade.

Plus I know there's no reason to think there 'll be upgrade fees lurking around the corner, but you do start to wonder when you read the thoughts of others on the NI forums

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Excellent, plan worked!! hoped I'd snare my self an informative Karlos Santos.
    LOL... im only myth busting really.

As for the status of 'paid' & 'unpaid' updates, there has been no confirmation either way so i cant help there.

I understand what your saying regarding current TSP owners... Whether the S4 upgrade is paid or not i highly doubt that another charge will be asked for the KS4 DVS plugin... Thats my guess based on nothing other than my speculation. It would be hard to justify charging for a DVS pluggin when you already own it.

Guess work though. I could be wrong because was have remember that Traktor Pro S4 and Traktor Pro will be 2 wholly separate applications.

On Topic though, 1.2.7 update is welcome. I know a lot of DJTT guys have been pissed with the aac bug...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    On Topic though, 1.2.7 update is welcome. I know a lot of DJTT guys have been pissed with the aac bug...
    I was particularly pissed the other day when I hit a cue marker in an AAC file, the sound died and the waveform disappears. All this an hour and a half into a recording session. My own fault though for not converting to MP3 though , but still....
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

* Resolution for "tempo" parameter increased
    I'm wondering about this, it might not sound like much but that silly pitch resolution has been keeping some of us from beatmatching like we want to.

Tech Guru

It really can't be that hard to update their midi mapping functionality?
    I find Traktor's MIDI implementation much better than other applications I've used. No, it's not some brainless "press learn, press button" system (like Live), but it FAR more flexible and powerful than Live. Traktor offers options for MIDI no other app can touch. I'll trade that for a learn button any day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast