Traktor 1.2.4 Sound Issue

Default Traktor 1.2.4 Sound Issue

I've just bought a motherboard with high definition 7.1 surround sound capability. I got it after my Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX died, but needed a motherboard upgrade to boost my RAM up to 6GB.

I'm using WIndows 7 and Traktor 1.2.4. When I try and configure the sound, it doesn't allow me to change the latency for this audio output. The audio coming out sounds like a bust speaker, and it's all noisy, distorted and warbling all the way through.

Anyone got any ideas!?!?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post

Anyone got any ideas!?!?
    Yeah... get a dedicated DJ soundcard.

Dude the NI Audio 2 DJ soundcard costs something like £80 and is made for the job.
    Those cards that you have bought are not DJ Audio Cards. Traktor does not really like them. Also 6 GB RAM WFT... total over kill. Traktor is a 32 bit program it wont use more that 3 GB ever.

I think your going the long way round a very short route.

I've got a Audio2DJ already, but tend to use it with my laptop when out. I have 5.1 speakers connected to my PC in a home studio setup to rehearse on, and I use the PC for music, films, games, webbing, DJing etc so want one simple output for all really without loads of adapter or having to switch speaker cables over each time. The Audigy 2 PCI card worked perfectly and all audio came out fine (until the card died). Just want the onboard output to have the same function really but it's only Traktor that's protesting.

I upgraded to 6GB cos I use Sony Vegas Pro 9, Photoshop and After Effects as well as Ableton Suite 8 on the same PC, so needed the RAM for them programmes, not Traktor.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ah right... with you... didnt read your sig.... my bad.

Dont know much about those kinda cards im afraid.

Tech Wizard

This definitely won't help you but my friend recently custom built his own desktop and when he installed his Traktor (1.2.4 at the time) on Windows 7, it was having that same issues. Everything was set up perfectly. The issues that I were able to find was that he wasn't able to change the audio quality in addition to latency, it would stay stuck at 48000 and there were no other options. And also the sound was just really awful and distorted. I'm really hoping this isn't a big issue as I'm planning on getting a super laptop.
    Macbook, Novation Ultranova, Novation Launchpad x2, Behringer BCD3000, Allen & Heath Xone 1D x2 (I'm trying to sell these right now), Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.7 (It's Legal)
    http://www.facebook.com/dynamicsmusic
    http://soundcloud.com/dynamicsmusic

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you checking the latency inside Traktor or through the something else like the audio drivers?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Also 1.2.6 is the most current version maybe try to update.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Also 1.2.6 is the most current version maybe try to update.
    +1

3 months since installing and i still need to update from 1.2.4.....
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Built-in audio => change the sample rate in the windows control panel. Then add ASIO4ALL on top to tweak the latency to a crackle-free setting.

In Windows 7, you need to change the audio quality in the global sound settings. I had to faff about deepin the settings to find the right option.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds