Sticky and Gooey Jog Grips?
    Tech Convert

Default Sticky and Gooey Jog Grips?

Does anyone have sticky Jog Grips?

I've recently received them and the sticky side of the Jog Grips are like melted and they are sticky and gooey and messy. When I touch the outer edge or the inner edge, my fingers will just be sticky and it is very hard to wash off. I need to use lighter fluid to clean my fingers each time I touch em.

Any idea why? Or is it meant to be like that.

Cheers,
    Case.

Tech Wizard

yes. it's a package deal. you buy the jog grips and in time you additionally get more tactile knobs and buttons.

With enough time they will also become black to match the SE overlay.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Sheph View Post
    yes. it's a package deal. you buy the jog grips and in time you additionally get more tactile knobs and buttons.

With enough time they will also become black to match the SE overlay.

Sounds way cool! But mine is already the black edition from Japan. :P
    2403.bandcamp.com . Cubase6 . Traktor Pro 2

Anyone else having same problem as case??? am thinking of getting the jog grips too...

@ case,

how much was shipping to singapore and how long did it take to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by casewoo View Post
    Does anyone have sticky Jog Grips?

I've recently received them and the sticky side of the Jog Grips are like melted and they are sticky and gooey and messy. When I touch the outer edge or the inner edge, my fingers will just be sticky and it is very hard to wash off. I need to use lighter fluid to clean my fingers each time I touch em.

Any idea why? Or is it meant to be like that.

Cheers,
    Case.

They probably got melted in the post, send Ean a message and i am sure he will get you out some new ones

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    They probably got melted in the post, send Ean a message and i am sure he will get you out some new ones
    Hi BentoSan,

I wouldn't want Ean to waste a postage if it's gonna melt again through the post. Average temperature here in Singapore is around 29degC. Maybe that's too hot for these Jog Grips.

The 3M template sticker is really good though. I wished the Jog Grip sticker were of better quality like the 3M sticker. I've already got the Grips stuck on and if I remove them, I know I'll have to use half a can of lighter fluid to remove all the goo, and I don't think I should smoke while cleaning em too.

But yeah, it'll be really nice if Ean got another supplier to do the Jog Grips because if these were sent to Dubai, the poor dude might be opening a bag of gums.

I don't mind getting a replacement pair of Version2 Jog Grips though.

I am in Australia and it gets hotter than that and i didnt have any problems with my jog grips turning to goo - from what i know your the only person who has had problems with the jog grips.

You will probably find that they was sitting in the back of a mail truck that was sitting out in the sun all day cooking, getting alot hotter than 29degC.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I am in Australia and it gets hotter than that and i didnt have any problems with my jog grips turning to goo - from what i know your the only person who has had problems with the jog grips.

You will probably find that they was sitting in the back of a mail truck that was sitting out in the sun all day cooking, getting alot hotter than 29degC.
    hmm... strange. oh well...

Hey i have the same issue with the jog wheel grips and in live in l.a.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I had the same issue. The grips were continuously peeling up, so I removed them. The only thing I could find to remove the glue was Aeroguard insect repelent. Potent stuff it fully removed the 'USB Midi Controller' from the Jog Wheel in 2 whipes and left a my overlay kind of patchy. So dont use Aeroguard to get rid of your goo.