what are you going to buy the S4 or VMS4?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default what are you going to buy the S4 or VMS4?

I want to know what are you guys are going to buy and why to make a more solid decision

The VMS4 is out but I'm still weighing the S4 and Denon's MC6000. Waiting for both to be released and see what bugs shake out. I'm also considering 2 Denon SC2000's & an audio8 so I can keep using my current mixer.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've heard of a lot of problems with the VMS4. I'm still debating the Denon DNX1600 and the S4, leaning towards the S4 though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Im definitely going to get the new allen and heath 4 deck controller coming out later this year.. I dont even know a single thing about it.. but what I do know is that they make quality products. The S4 to me personally imho looks cheaply made(like an advanced Djhero 2 controller).. I mean that doesnt mean it cant do what its made for... Im sure it will be fun to play. The reccommended street price range says it all.
    The VMS4 looks like its something made by Radio Shack, which Im sure also does what its intended to do. the price also says it all.
    I imagine a bunch of Faderfoxes would be better at the end of the day.

But until I can pickup and hold the S4, I cant say ... technics 1200 vs the plastic vestax turntable... The technics always felt better regardless of the reverse button and other gimmicks which added some tricks to the arsenal

To tell you the truth, I don't like the idea of all-in one devices. I would go for 2x Numark v7, and some nice mixer like denon DNX1600

Quote Originally Posted by steffanko View Post
    To tell you the truth, I don't like the idea of all-in one devices. I would go for 2x Numark v7, and some nice mixer like denon DNX1600
    Yeah I guess it all depends on what you do with it...
    Personally my setup at home is too complicated to just jump in a car with and go set up.. I mean Im able to do it but... at home I like to ziptie all my stuff out of the way, and use canibalized laptop stands in odd configurations so I can actually get the most use out of it. So to have it all in one and be able to just bring that is really ideal. When I move to australia Ill probally get a desktop for my home setup and keep the laptop for the Controller that I dont even have yet or have seen pictures of.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    Im definitely going to get the new allen and heath 4 deck controller coming out later this year.
    what is this ? where did you read about it dude..?

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    Yeah I guess it all depends on what you do with it...
    Personally my setup at home is too complicated to just jump in a car with and go set up.. I mean Im able to do it but... at home I like to ziptie all my stuff out of the way, and use canibalized laptop stands in odd configurations so I can actually get the most use out of it. So to have it all in one and be able to just bring that is really ideal. When I move to australia Ill probally get a desktop for my home setup and keep the laptop for the Controller that I dont even have yet or have seen pictures of.
    Hahaha, I like the way you think!!! I have that problem solved. I have 3 "grades" of gigs that I do. First for private-house parties I use my laptop and hercules dj console rmx. At smaller clubs i carry my case with mixer and two players and when playin' in big clubs, they have their own set up...

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    what is this ? where did you read about it dude..?
    The forthcoming X:One DB4, of course! I'm sure he read about it in the forum here like everyone else; an anonymous poster even confirmed that it was a new controller!

;P

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Ah right , that passed me by...

So we have a thread asking about S4 and VMS4 and it turns to discussion of an item that no-one actually knows anything about.

Anyway im going to BPM so i guess ill see for myself...

Oh and staying on topic, S4.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast