Audio4 DPC Latency
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Audio4 DPC Latency

My audio 4 crackles and pops at the MAXIMUM allowed latency the same as it does on the minimum. I've gone into Device Manager and disabled internal audio, modem, wireless, and every usb host controller that didnt cause my mouse and midi controllers to stop working. I get the same DPC spikes even when traktor isnt running. I also have an m-audio mobile pre usb audio interface (not plugged in at the same time) and I have that set to the lowest setting, getting 8ms latency in REASON and it never crackles one bit. Am I right in thinking that the NI drivers don't like my laptop for whatever reason?

I did a restart with everything still disabled, and my dpc latency stayed green, but same
    snap crackles and pops still. This shit is really pushing me towards getting a damn macbook

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you tried Asio4all? Have you tried different cables? The latest Windows Drivers from NI for the Audio 4 are from March of this year, maybe try updating those if they're not current. But I think people get some better results using Asio4all on the PC.

Could just get a Mac though
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

AISO 4 ALL wont let me use timecode will it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wTesK View Post
    AISO 4 ALL wont let me use timecode will it?
    it will
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

tried the ASIO4ALL, no dice, same thing. I really think it's just a driver clash and that it cant be fixed on this computer.

What laptop? Try disabling your CD-ROM drive. The main ones I used to have to do were the Cd drive and the wifies. *sigh* I have a Mac now.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Guru

There's only one issue that can't be fixed, and that's a very poorly performing BIOS (that can be flashed, but you're at the whim of the manufacturer). Otherwise software issues like this are fixable.

Boot normally, enable everything you disabled, and in general get your computer back to it's regular operation. Get a baseline DPC measurement WITHOUT any of the audio interfaces connected. Post back with your system specs and average DPC measurement. If possible, include a screenshot of the DPC so we can see the timing of the spikes. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a Hijack This log ready -

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/ - just get the executable, don't bother with the installer

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wTesK View Post
    I did a restart with everything still disabled, and my dpc latency stayed green, but same
    snap crackles and pops still. This shit is really pushing me towards getting a damn macbook
    I bought a mac book pro and "ZERO" problems now!!!!!!

Tech Guru

HAY GUYZ! My car was running funny. Instead of getting it serviced, I fixed the problem by buying a new car! Aren't I smart?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast