Setup Question. Mixer and Trigger Finger with Ableton.
    Tech Mentor

Default Setup Question. Mixer and Trigger Finger with Ableton.

Hey guys. I am fairly new to the DJ world, and have gotten bored of just mixing tracks. I'm ready to begin producing. I am 100% sure that i am heading into producing dubstep with as much bass as posssible!
    I'm also pretty sure i want to use ableton, as it seems the most versatile for producing/live dj'ing.
    I need setup help. My main goal is to produce my own tracks, then mix them with one another in the live setting. (all on ableton if possible).
    I was thinking i am going to use an external mixer for effects/faders/mixing/ while using an m-audio trigger finger for launching loops, clips, one shots, and so on.
    Which mixer would be the best? I am on a money budget, and could sell my traktor skratch duo and kontrol x1 for something like a xone for 500. Any other ideas? Need something cheap but still very efficient and long lasting.
    Please help! Any oppinion whatsoever helps me.
    Thanks so much!,
    Jed

Tech Mentor

40 views and no response..help me out!! Highly considering a Xone 62.
    Thanks,
    Jed
    Last edited by jedkleb; 09-13-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Why would you want to use outboard effects when the internal fx that that ableton has in it along crap all over external fx - thats without even going in the fact that you can download literally thousands of different fx in the form of vst's.

Find a deal on a second hand VCM-600, that what i did and don't regret it one bit !