fwew, my first long gig
    Tech Guru

Default fwew, my first long gig

hey guys, just figured I'd talk about my first full length set. Played a 4 hour gig with a buddy (2 vci tagteam). up till now I've been playing 1 hour sets.

Although I had fun, I didnt enjoy it as much asthe smaller set stuff, and a lot of work went into it for what I was paid. Even though we only saw maybe 200-250 through the door, we had a decent crowd. Venue was kinda bitchy though, wouldnt let people smoke cigs on the back patio and come back in.

What are your thoughts? do you prefer short or long sets?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    hey guys, just figured I'd talk about my first full length set. Played a 4 hour gig with a buddy (2 vci tagteam). up till now I've been playing 1 hour sets.
    I don't consider a four hour set as a full one either. In the venue I'm resident at I usualy play for 6-7 hours 9:30-10:00 until 5:00 in the morning.. Of course I prefer shorter sets but when there is crowd down there you can't imagine how fast the time will pass. But IMO playing 7 hours the same genre can be quite boring for yourself and your audience. The only reason I can do so long sets effectively is because I dj in Greece where I also play greek songs after a specific hour instead of the house, techno etc in the beggining of my sets and believe me Greeks will get them mad.

Tech Guru

We played a couple different genres, mostly electro and dubstep, but drumstep as well.

Here, the clubs pretty much have to close at 2 (lame isnt it?) due to city ordinance. we started at 10, so 4 hours is pretty much the max haha.