Dj Lighting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dj Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    There is a very simple and true mythos to lighting. You get what you pay for. I know this is cliche, but it tends to be doubly true for lighting. Older people hate smoke machines due to the smell and the residue that they leave. Cheap hazers are nothing more than smoke machines. Also, they are, from what I hear, far less effective compared to hazers. A quality hazer will fill a large room with haze and VERY clearly show the beams of your lighting just as heavy smoke, but when the beams are absent, it's almost impossible to tell there is anything in the air.

well, if thats the case then im shit out of luck because theres absolutely no way im gonna shell out at least $400 for a hazer when im just gonna be DJing in my apt lol. Sure i want the cool lighting fx for when people come over to hear me DJ, but for that much money, no thanks. =(

Two American DJ Mega Bar 50's would be the perfect thing. They aren't as cheesy as the usual effect lights, but they keep things interesting with a very bright wash, and are DMX programmable. Realistically, I'd save your money and pick up a couple of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNRwc...eature=related
    that is sweet!

only £75 here as well:

http://www.htfr.com/p/331659/america...remote_control

might get one for my bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    well, if thats the case then im shit out of luck because theres absolutely no way im gonna shell out at least $400 for a hazer when im just gonna be DJing in my apt lol. Sure i want the cool lighting fx for when people come over to hear me DJ, but for that much money, no thanks. =(
    If it's just your apartment, go with a cheap $60 fogger. You won't need pro gear. Just be aware of the potential smell and residue if you use it a lot. If it's not too much, you're good as gold.

Tech Wizard

For an apartment, just get a cheapo fogger. Maybe like chauvet colorrail for nice washes or some sweet uplighting behind ur dj booth and than an effect light of some kind. That would put u around the $300 to $350 range. I'm not a fan of effect lights, but scanners and moving heads are way out of ur budget. Plus ur in an apartment so u wouldn't need that shit anyway.

Tech Wizard

Haha sobi, didn't realize u posted that vid on the colorrail. Those things are pretty sweet tho, definitely good for flooding a small size room

Whaa...? Lights? Nah... Bro, what you need is FOAM PARTY equipment!

Theres no better way to get your audience properly groped and ready to party than with a FOAM PARTY!!

WAAAAY cheaper than costly lightbulbs and dangerous lasers than can get your audience blind, FOAM can just make your eyes itchy and red as the devils ass and you can double income by selling eyedrops at the bar!!! Or even you can make a middle show performace giving eyedrops to the crowd!! GNARLY!!

Like this but with eyedrops...

Even MOAR money videotaping the whole thing and making a COOL movie!

FOAM PARTYs are SO SO COOL!!!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Quote Originally Posted by Connekted View Post
    Plus ur in an apartment so u wouldn't need that shit anyway.
    I don't know. I have two q spot 260s, and this guy did a great job of making me want two more...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=SP6tD-9qJ0Q

Tech Wizard

I don't know. I have two q spot 260s, and this guy did a great job of making me want two more...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=SP6tD-9qJ0Q
    Hahaha! Thats fucking awesome...i want

Thats a sweet setup.........

Default What controller would you recommend

Hello,
    I am new to the dj lighting world. I am a youth worker and recently purchased some lights. I have 2 Chauvet - 4bar/4play, 2 Chauvet - circus, Chauvet Scorpion and an American DJ Event Bar. I am wondering what others might choose as the best controller and programs to make a bunch of random light shows. I find that I tend to black out the 4bars most of the time as the youth seem to like a darker room and the 4bars fill the room to brightly. I haven't had a chance to use the event bar yet and am looking forward to it. If someone out there has some advise, I would appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12