VCI-300 with Traktor Pro- (Idea thread)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default VCI-300 with Traktor Pro- (Idea thread)

We are working for a "official" dj TT mapping for the 300. Please contribute your ideas and requests for features and layouts here.

Thanks!

Tech Guru

Hi Ean,
    Thanks for the new mini.trans. I really look forward to a real working, usable TSI file and faceplates! I'm really excited to see some attention to the VCI-300. I would really like to see at least a 3 deck setting, FX, and as much possible as the one like the VCI-100 TKS. Really like the use of the wheels to control fx, . I would like to see a filter control that could like hit a modifier and it would make the low bass be the filter and when depressing the modifier back to low bass on eq's.. 3 eq's would be enough in this case. Interested to see what comes up.
    Keep us posted..any beta's..please feel free to have me test it

Those eq knobs could be nice as first layer and b hitting a modifer button, it could be the fx layer and knobs would be fx amounts, etc..Pitch wheels would be great for finding the wanted FX.

Have you tried playing with the Itch faceplate? Curious what a pimped 300 will look like?
    Last edited by claudek; 11-24-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Great work this final version, thanks a lot!
    Read that there should be a update of traktor pro at the end of december wich should also support 14 bit midi, but till then we got the mini.translator.
    I mapped the effects (chain mode) to the cue buttons (with modifier) and the effect amount to the filter knobs, low/mid/high, also with modifier.
    Got the pitchshift buttons mapped as pitchbend.
    Autoloop button i mapped as direct loop with the half/double buttons to in- or dicrease.
    Would like to see the jogs to seek through tracks, press the jog play/pause and maybe scratch. This is my wishlist and mapping so far.
    Curious if, and how, you get the fader leds respond on the music...

Quote Originally Posted by 10us View Post
    Curious if, and how, you get the fader leds respond on the music...
    Well, i'm very curious about that too!

I would love to see scratch function - i know if you apply the controllerism style you don't necesserily need that, but i think we should have at least the option. If anybody doesn't need it - it can be easily mapped to a different function.

I also would love to see the possibility of manipulating effects by the jog wheels and the line- (maybe even the cross-) faders via a modfier key- i think that would bring some value to the controller since it's got a bit too few knobs for me... Btw that's also the reason why i bought a nanoKontrol to complement it, its great using the faders/knobs for the effects.

And i think the ability to set and recall hot cues and loops would make the assignment really great.

The only thing to top that would be the possibility to manipulate beatgrids on the fly via a modifier (maybe positioning the beatgrid via the jogs and adjust the bpm via the pitchfaders using a modifier?), that would make the assignment huge for everybody!

If you need some help or someone to test the assignment i would like to contribute as much as i can.

Thank you very much for all the work you put in that - i'm coming from traditional TT's, changed only about a month to controllerism and thanks to your site i think i'm doing quite well. You really opened up a whole new perspective for me!
    Last edited by Morbido; 11-24-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Dont you use the chain mode with fx? Think its a bit complicated with 3 fx amounts to control that by the jog or faders, maybe for the dry/wet the jog can be good.

most of the time i do, but not always
    sometimes the advanced fx come in handy too

the reason why i think it would be nice to control at least one (or two) of the fx through the jog with a modifier is because i think its really intuitive, so if you're in the mix and want to have your favourite effect right now then you could control it with the jogs...

well it's just an idea... i really don't know if it would work out, maybe if it should go quick you forget to press the modifier anyways...
    i just thought that the jogs are the controls you have quite near, so you could at least use it as a "hot slot" to just do a quick effect...

Tech Guru

Hi Ean or anyone here,
    I am looking for the TSI that was made for the VCI300 already..Where can I find it?
    I am trying to get some of the mapping from it. I searched and nothing came up.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    I searched and nothing came up.
    That could be due to the fact that nobody posted one yet

It should be quick to map the basic functions, when it comes down to more advanced mappings (like FX or cue points) my personal oppinion is that you should do your own mapping, because everyone seems to need his own type of workflow.

Tech Guru

working on one now..take a lot of time.
    10 US has helped a lot in this..He did most and I am tweaking it to my needs.

Thanks to the modifier function their are lots of possibilities so you can make it as crazy as you want, but im very curious how the "official" dj tt tsi will be, hope someone can figure out the leds work right.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast