can this be done?

Default can this be done?

hi peeps,

i just purchased a vestax typhoon and can not figure out how to change the crossfader to an intant cut rather than a curve. is this possible? i've seen videos on youtube of the spin version that look like they have managed it. could someone please help me

Theres a midi assignment somewhere for the crossfader curve if you dont have it built onto the hardware itself.

Infact if you want to get really picky the midi assignment is always the best way to change it over a hardware knob, as the hardware knob will lower the resolution of your crossfader drastically.

If you have a mixer with the hardware implemented crossfader curve adjust(like the vci-100) the trade off is that you lose a midi knob to control the curve for some higher resolution of the crossfader.

Losing some resolution on your crossfader isn't really a big issue though but its worth mentioning i think

is this only possible in traktor pro, the typhoon only came with traktor le. if so looks like i'm going to have to upgrade!

Not sure to be totally honest with you, its been ages since i have used Traktor LE and even then it wasn't for very long

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deejay-d-lux View Post
    is this only possible in traktor pro, the typhoon only came with traktor le. if so looks like i'm going to have to upgrade!
    Yeah thats right. Crossfader options are in the 'Mixer' Section in Preferences and that section is not in LE.

Worth noting that the Mixer Section is in Traktor Duo but the Crossfader options arent. Crossfader options are Traktor Pro only features.