Mixcloud???

Thread: Mixcloud???

Tech Guru

Default Mixcloud???

If I am not mistaken the site says it's 100% free, and there is no download or time limit as long as it's a podcast or mix of some sort???
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

I've never used Mixcloud, but when I've tried to listen to peoples mixes hosted there, I've found the interface to be a little clunky and weird.

If you're right though about it being free and unlimited, that's pretty tight... Now if they'd only tighten up the interface.

Just my opinion.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The two things I don't like about Mixcloud is the file can't be any bigger than 100mb which isn't really a problem with hour long mixes, but at two hours you have to save them at like 96 k to get them to go. I could split them, but that's just more work. The other thing is I don't like being tied to my computer to listen to mixes. I download what I want to hear on Soundcloud and I can listen to it throughout the day in the truck.

Housemixes.com is also free and I don't think you have the same limit on size.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

+1.

In case of a monthly recording (or two shorter recordings a month):
    Vimeo has an upload limit of 500Mb a month. Just add a few images to the vid track and you can upload and let it be hosted there.

(Also connections with facebook & twitter if I am correct)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't mind paying for the right service. right now I've got everything on Soundcloud and have paid them something like $100 to have 12 hours of music up. I won't do that again and frankly it that probably wasn't the best choice.

Podomatic will give me more storage for the same price and getting that to an iTunes podcast is easy. If I could do that with mixcloud I would be all over it, all they have to do is enable an RSS feed for the page.

Libsyn seems like a pretty good deal. They have plans starting at $5 a month that gives you an upload limit per month. Then the next month your limit is reset.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

<supa seekrit knowledge>There are ways and means of downloading from mixcloud ... I won't post it up in the forum, as if too many people do it, they might closeout the loophole, but PM me if you want to know how</supa seekrit knowledge>
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

i like how the timed tracklisting works, just a shame it doesn't plug in to facebook like soundcloud does