timecode on CD & vinyl simultaniously
    Tech Guru

Default timecode on CD & vinyl simultaniously

Is it possible to run timecode on vinyl & CD at the same time? Say if you got a CDJ on one side & vinyl turntable on the other. Or even vinyl decks on 1 & 2 and CDJ's on 3 & 4 with traktor.

Cheers.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah works with the Audio 8 just as long as you have TTs on 1/2 & 3/4 cus they have phono preamps and CDs on 3/4 & 5/6 (you knew the routing anyway).
    Output routing would be TT Decks A and B to 1/2 - 3/4, CDJ Decks C and D to 5/6 & 7/8

Should work fine. Try it.

Tech Guru

nice one. So if I just got 1 CDJ and 1 TT, I've no choice but to to use the 4 deck view? Couldnt do it with CDJ on deck 1 & TT on deck 2? It'd have to be 1 or 2 for the TT and 3 or 4 for the CDJ??

karlos spoke about the audio8 outs you can rout them as you want inside the software

so CDJ on deck A and TT on B is def possible
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Actually just thought you can re-route Deck Bs input to 5/6 so you can use Deck A & B

So you would use channel 1/2 & 5/6 on the Audio 8 but in Input Settings Channel A -1/2 and reroute Channel B to 5/6

Not with my gear but im pretty sure it can be done like that so you can use Decks A & B.

EDIT: on the same page there with weltraumpapst

Depends on your mixer though doesnt it? As i cant do this with my djm600 due to the fact there is 3 channels with phono amps

actually tell a lie, this is only an issue when you want to be able to switch between timecode and normal cd or vinyl using the switches on the mixer.

As you were
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

sound. cheers. not infront of traktor right now, forgot about the routing options. cheers

The A8's got phono preamps of its own. I've played TTs through the A8 into line level inputs on crowded DJMs plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    The A8's got phono preamps of its own. I've played TTs through the A8 into line level inputs on crowded DJMs plenty of times.
    Its the other way round thats the issue. Playing line device into phono input thats the issue.

i think on the djm600 there are three channels with phono so when you have 2 cdjs and two turntables there is no way of having them all setup so that teh flick of s witch can take you from normal mode to time code mode without having to change wiring on one of the inputs
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution