excision, datsik, bassnectar....how do
    Tech Wizard

Default excision, datsik, bassnectar....how do

they jump genres?
    its awesome how they can pack dubstep electro and dnb into one set. but the FX transitions is the question. does anyone on here do this hopping of genres using FX and glitch tools. if so please explain how / what u use.

thx

on the glitch side you'd be looking at beatmasher or beatslicer in traktor. as they tempo sync to master deck, you can pull a loop with either of those, mess it up. set next track as master. drop it and the effect will sync up.

chain in some delay/reverb/gater/whatever for extra erm... effect

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

My key for genre hoppings is gater vs. Mullholland drive vs. Digi lofi and ttfx. Since i love to put in some drumstep tunes intonmy dubstep stets. 140vs.170 bpm!!!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hans gruber View Post
    My key for genre hoppings is gater vs. Mullholland drive vs. Digi lofi and ttfx. Since i love to put in some drumstep tunes intonmy dubstep stets. 140vs.170 bpm!!!

thats awesome. yea, i want to be able to goto drumstep and electro and dnb......just out of curiosity, would you happen to have any vids of you doing this? im not looking to replicate, but to get an idea to base off of.

thx for the help.

mullholland at 100%, lo fi at 50% for complete distortion, or for a better sound have it at 10-25% ish

the gater should be at the 12o clock or more to the right

you can move the gater up and down and what not.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

its all about knowing your beat arrangements.

usinng 4x4 counts...

Dubstep is --> kick - * - snare - * - repeat
    House is --> Kick - Snare+Kick - Kick - Kick+Snare - repeat

* being silence, other drums etc...

challenge is tempo matching with some house being 130ish and dunstep @ 140ish
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Wizard

well i did some more research, pretty much put the beatslicer in advanced, and set deck b tempo as master, and start using the beatslicer on deck A, and try to set the effect to the beat of deck b until the drop hits on deck b.

kinda cheezy, but im working on it. mabie ill try meatmasher in advanced....

ill be back.