Adding to the Arsenal... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

With Itch you only have two options. VFX-1 or external fx device = Kaoss Pad, Pioneer EFX unit, etc.

Why do you say your computer is too old? I use small netbook as a back up laptop and I can run Traktor on it with no problems, but it freezes with Itch. I have done a four hour set with the netbook with no issues at all.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Traktor Pro's fx are better than ITCH's.

Because the VCI 300 uses ITCH and HID (rather than midi) i'm pretty sure you cant 'map' an external controller to control the fx, you need the VFX-1.

This is about why having the right gear and software for your style of djing is essential.

VCI300 and ITCH = You want to be quite purist, not to many fx and want to scratch with a controller.

VCI-100SE and TPro = Effect-tasic.

Also with the new FW update (see front page of DJTT blog) the VCI-100 platter are now going to be even better for scratching... though still not as good as the vci-300 i suspect.

So, maybe make the switch to Traktor, get a good mapping for the VCI 300 and add an external controller to get the most out of TPros fx. X1 would be good but also LPD8 makes for a great bonus controller (I have one)
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

You have to go with the VFX-1.
    A little bit of gold and a pager.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12