NI Maschine Live Beats On-The-Go
    Tech Guru

Default NI Maschine Live Beats On-The-Go

Hello DJTT,

Recently was interested in purchasing the Maschine for production and live purposes...

My Question Is: How can I use traktor with timecode or x1 and add beats live on the same computer??

example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_VX8h94nE
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

I think he has Maschine running inside Ableton on one laptop synced up to another laptop running Traktor so his loops/effects/etc are in time with each other.

EDIT: I just re-read your post, try searching for Ableton and Traktor Sync on here or maybe even google. There's a way to sync up the 2 programs inside one computer.
    Last edited by gabetron; 09-16-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    MBP 13" | Midifighter | Launchpad | MPK Mini

Tech Guru

2 questions

-how would i route it to ableton?

-cant i make a deck on traktor "audio through" and run maschine's sounds through that channel?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

the latency at the beginning made me want to cry
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

no need of ableton or another laptop (if your own has some power)
    for both solutions just use the standalone version of the maschine program

1st solution
    route maschine into traktor using soundflower
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cj6ONHlD0

2nd solution
    if you have an external mixer, just output maschine through a different channel. and sync both programs. best with traktors midi clock sending (add a empty generic midi map in the controller manager with allports set on IN and OUT, dont forget turning the clock on in the preferences). on a mac it's easy cause you have virtual midi cables, just go to the maschine audio/midi settings and turn traktor virtual on (midi input), then in the maschine prog file --> sync to external midi clock, press the sync button inside traktor next to the midi clock to get the maschine playing.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst