Any benefit to internal mixing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Any benefit to internal mixing?

I'm curious if there is any benefit to mixing internally in Traktor, over the EQ's of a club mixer when playing a club. I know you can choose different EQ's internally in Traktor, but would the sound quality be any better / worse?

-PL>Y

only did it once in a club and i didn´t like it so for me there´s no benfit on mixing internally...when using a vci se like i do it is always good to mix externally so i kand play more with the fader fx´s and not having to hassel with switching form fader mode to mix mode...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

Internal mixing can save you, if lets say, the hardware mixer youre using goes south. Or if you're using a mixer that doesnt have a good EQ system or FXs. Its help me with gigs that had cheap hardware, so I dont feel too limited as long I had a controller with me.

I just like to use all my controls in one place, on my VCI, so I mix internally...

depends on your set up i suppose...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I just like to use all my controls in one place, on my VCI, so I mix internally...

depends on your set up i suppose...
    Agreed. Tried external mixing...didn't like it because having all controls in one area for me made my mixing more fluent. For example, controlling volume faders while mixing and adding effects at the same time is much easier when mixing internally on my VCI 100 SE. Although, I do own a mixer and mix externally sometimes just for the hell of it.... and I plan on buying turntables soon enough.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Banned

Good thing about internal mixing is you never have to worry about what kind of set up the club has as you will always have exactly what you need with you.

I don't like hauling mixers out to house parties where beer is flying across the room and the dance floor stumbles into the DJ's table on a constant basis. Usually at house parties I'm pretty sauced well before I play and don't want to bother hooking in more than a USB cable and an audio lead to the soundsystem.

Additionally, it's easy to break down and slip out if the law stops in to say hello. In my town they've been confiscating laptops for absolutely no reason over the last couple of years and I'm not willing to lose a 2 grand investment like that.

I prefer hardware mixers, but Traktor's internal mixing has always been robust, dependable, and convenient for a lot of reasons.

Also, Traktor Scratch Pro on 2 decks external + 2 decks internal. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    Also, Traktor Scratch Pro on 2 decks external + 2 decks internal. Win.
    is this possible? i always thought not....

Only benefit to internal is not hauling your mixer and 'reset eqs on load' good when your sauced...
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    is this possible? i always thought not....
    Well, internal EQs were enabled in external mixer configurations many updates back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast