where to buy equipment in south africa ?
    Tech Convert

Default where to buy equipment in south africa ?

hey well im new to everything and was wondering where a good place to buy equipment would be in south africa.Just looking for a good store with some good prices.

I am from SA and I can tell that there are not many places with shop fronts.

You will need to order through a company like Rolling Thunder etc. I get the best prices from them (if they have stock).

Else www.djmixclub.co.za.

Just google what you looking for and then choose the ONLY PAGES FROM SOUTH AFRICA option.

You will find more DJ stores in JHB that Cape Town.

What are you looking for?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I bought my VCI through Rolling Thunder.....got the Audio 4 in the UK and had it brought to me by my boss.

The TC vinyls I got from DJMIXCLUB.

My APC40 I got 2nd hand.

You will pay top dollar plus more for new equipment here in SA mate.
    I find its better to find a good condition piece of gear that's being sold 2nd hand.

Value for money....if you on a budget.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Convert

cool man ill take a look thanks for the help.oh and im just looking for everything like headphones a vci 100 and sound card

I can tell you that the VCI-100 will go for about R6000 (you can haggle for a discount) to about R5500.

The Sound Card (Audio 4) will cost you about R3500. I got it for R2500 by getting it delivered to our UK office. The Audio 8 will set you back about R5500.

Headphones....you can check out Paul Bothners....but that's more band and studio gear.

You will find that they whack on about R1000 plus on EVERYTHING.

Where about's are you?

Tech Convert

cool man im pta side centurion but thanks for all this info really has helped me out.I was thinking about the CDJ's but it seems better to just go digital and have the controllers.Are you a club Dj or what ?
    Last edited by Joshua909; 09-18-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Tech Convert

oh um i found this online site just wondering if its a good idea to buy from them or not coz it looks like they have everything i need www.buycool.co.za