DJTT Progressive Mix Train #2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Alright we need one more slot filled guys. Who's keen?!

So far we have, in no particular order as yet ... Tekki, Photojojo, AKA jdog667jkt, Xolunt, BllackPete.

Once we get that last spot filled y'all can decide on the order and we'll kick off huh.

dafe + stormeagle showed some interest in the last one, where they at.
    Last edited by Jester; 09-20-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Don't feel like your hurting my feelings if someone else wants in.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

And if it happens I vote Tekki leads us off
    Chris Jennings FHP

totally in, i was just late on the draw for the last one as well

what kinda mixing are we thinking about here? like straight up mixing or can we each just fudge around with it however we want?
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

and grazz16 makes 6.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    what kinda mixing are we thinking about here? like straight up mixing or can we each just fudge around with it however we want?
    Whatever floats your boat as long as it sounds at least okay. Who's leading this train anyway? Put me down towards the end in case someone else wants a spot later you can pull me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

@jdog its up to you mate but the general idea is to keep it smooth and not too "megamix" ish if possible. If you are going after someone try to go with their vibe maybe whilst adding your own flavour to the mix. Then the next person will work with what you finished with and so on.
    A good example of this is the "psytrain" that we did. DvlsAdvct used 11 tracks in his 30 minute slot and went with a more controllerist vibe whereas Tekki only used 4 and his style was more straight mixing really.

Ok some basic ground rules:

- Each person has 20 minutes, however a couple of minutes over is fine as this can be used for the next person to mix into.
    - Tempo changes are fine, but do not mess with anyone elses part in any way.
    - Its up to you how you do your part, if you want to do basic mixing thats fine, if you want to do more of a controllerist routine, thats also fine. Just remember this is progressive house we are talking about, in my opinion controlerism doesn't really suit this style but hey, i'm not in on this one!
    - Keep a good eye on your levels when going between parts, ideally we'd like a nice smooth 2 hour mix as the finished product
    - Try to get your part done in a reasonable time, I'd like this done in no more than 3-4 weeks if possible
    - Most importantly, Have fun guys!

So, Who's first?

Here's a basic order, feel free to swap around amongst yourselves lads:

1. grazz16
    2. BlackPete
    3. jdog667jkt
    4. Photojojo
    5. Xolunt
    6. Tekki

Just an idea.

Looking forward to the first one being finished! and the second one as well can't help out this time, working on my own tracks and still not had time to finish an mix for autumn..

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast