a suitable Controller for Traktor

Default a suitable Controller for Traktor

Right i'm looking for a bit of help and wondered if any of you guys could give me a helping hand please.
    Heres the script:

Well i DJ with Traktor, and bought myself a Traktor X1, which i love, i love how easy it is to use my effects and i like to use multiple cue-points, however, i need to buy a soundcard for this seperatley, PLUS, i really need a cross-fader because anytime i want to cut the deck all together, i have to go onto my laptop and click the cross fader along manually which i don't really want to be doing.

So really i want a controller that is similar to the X1 in the way it has the ability to use the effects in Traktor, as well as having at least 3 or 4 cue-points that i could use. The important thing aswell is that it needs to have a built in sound card so that the club sound system can plug straight into it and i'm ready to go..

I've had a look at the Vestax Typhoon, it is the closest i came to finding something, and basically after watching a few videos i realised that it didn't have any cue point buttons :/ i was quite gutted at this because it all seemed what i was looking for, effects knobs, crossfader and built in sound card, then it was just the cue-points i was missing.

If any of you have got any time to help i'd appreciate it, this has been playing on my mind for weeks now trying to find something.

Does the X1 not have enough cue points as it is?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Does the X1 not have enough cue points as it is?
    Aye the cue points are bang on on the X1, but i'm saying that i'm wanting a controller that has a decent number of cue point buttons like the X1, but is also a soundcard and has a crossfader.

If i put it this way.. the new S4 that NI have announced is bang on, and has everything i need, but i havn't got the £700+ its going to cost haha

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieGenius View Post
    Aye the cue points are bang on on the X1, but i'm saying that i'm wanting a controller that has a decent number of cue point buttons like the X1, but is also a soundcard and has a crossfader.

If i put it this way.. the new S4 that NI have announced is bang on, and has everything i need, but i havn't got the £700+ its going to cost haha
    Fair, could you not use a controller and the X1 in conjunction?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Get an audio 2, and save your cash, i can give you a .tsi for the x1 that has both an auto crossfade and manual if you like.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

What about an Audio2DJ and a cheap two channel mixer like the Behringer VMX200? This is how I mix with traktor.. externally with a 2 channel mixer and a MIDI controller

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Get an audio 2, and save your cash, i can give you a .tsi for the x1 that has both an auto crossfade and manual if you like.
    Ah, cheers man, but i'd still be missing having the ability to fiddle with the EQ's like a normal mixer. Cheers though.

And OmniRoss:
    when you said use a controller and X1 in conjunction, is it actually possible to use a controller with decks A+B, and also use the X1 with decks A+B? Because i've plugged 2 controllers in before, and they have automatically set up so that one controller controls deck A+B whilst the second one controls C+D.. If i was able to do this it would be perfect really, i could use the controllers basic transport section and crossfaders + EQ's etc, and then just use my X1 for the effects + hot cues on the same 2 decks?

Cheers for the responses lads.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieGenius View Post
    Ah, cheers man, but i'd still be missing having the ability to fiddle with the EQ's like a normal mixer. Cheers though.

And OmniRoss:
    when you said use a controller and X1 in conjunction, is it actually possible to use a controller with decks A+B, and also use the X1 with decks A+B? Because i've plugged 2 controllers in before, and they have automatically set up so that one controller controls deck A+B whilst the second one controls C+D.. If i was able to do this it would be perfect really, i could use the controllers basic transport section and crossfaders + EQ's etc, and then just use my X1 for the effects + hot cues on the same 2 decks?

Cheers for the responses lads.
    Yeah you can do that, check this article out...

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/02/2...tor/#more-5060