MF Three FX Buttons...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MF Three FX Buttons...

Now I have my MF set up along side my Hercules Steel controller. Everything on the MF seems to work just like the diagram states and the vidoes show. All except for my FX buttons. They definitely to something, but it is not where near the FX that I see in the videos. I wish I could post a video but I can't, it's just like they aren't strong enough....

If someone could show me the parameters that Traktor uses when pressing each button and compared it to what mine does, maybe we can figure out the problem.

Thanks!
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Ok guys, here are some screen shots to show my problem.

As you can see, I use deck A with FX banks 1 and 3, Deck B with 2 and 4.

What I believe the issue is is that no matter what deck I use the MF with, A or B, FX bank 2 and 4 is used for the three FX buttons. So as you see, only the top right corner of the screen where fx bank 2and 4 are, is changing.

Now with that said, I am still hearing minor FX in both decks, but no where near those of the MF video walkthrough.

The first pic is with the farthest right FX button...under play, and then moves left. Here are my parameters.

Any help would be great, as I would like these FX to work!
    KRK RP8sFG

Filter and Flanger look ok to me (can't reference the values though) - they both use FX slot 2.

FX slot 4 is used for your echo FX, but this appears to be set to "fln-f", which isn't your echo effect. I found this thread on here with the same sort of issue (except for VCI). Not sure if you manually selected this effect or not prior to the screenshot, but it might explain why you're not getting what you're expecting.

Beatmasher is set on FX2 as well for your "roll" type FX, and sampler is on fx3, but these aren't shown in use on your screenshots.

Maybe just tinker with the FX parameter values in your mapping to get the desired feel you're looking for?

Thank you for the help. The screenshots were taken directly after opening Traktor, so no effects were selected.

I am wondering if it could be something so simple as the way I loaded the tsi. I mean I used the small import button but are the rest of the slots correct? I am using the AB Focus tsi which switches between the two decks. Should the assignment be focus like I have it, or do I need to add 2 tsi's for each deck?

Other than that, everything works ok....
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Wizard

Default Same PRoblem Here

Hey yall, I got the same problem here. I am using the deckalized focus ab mapping and my screen looks exactly the same. it might be the .tsi
    ???

Yeah, the effects in the tsi were not correct. I had to go and change them myself. Wasn't hard once I knew what effects they were. I just watched Ean's walkthrough to figure it out.
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Wizard

Default got it all fixed

I had to do the same. Funny thing was that I accidently did wrong effects but then i tried out the original MF mapping and didn't like it as much. Thus i re imported the deckalized focus ab mapping and low and behold the effects were properly loaded now! So far I'm having so much fun with the MF!!!!!
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP
    NI Kontrol S4 + 2 MFClassics + 1 MFSpectra

Hey guys, I'm sure most of you figured this out by now but if this is the first time importing one of our tsi's it usually takes TWO IMPORTS to get the effects to load properly. It seems to be a bug with how Traktor loads tsi's.

Tech Convert

Hi,

I'm having this issue also. I'm a fool noob and just got the MF two days ago but every time I import the MF1_1.tsi file it loads up something different for the FX.

To import twice, do you mean:
    1) import MF1_1.tsi
    2)delete .tsi
    3) import MF1_1.tsi again?

or

1) import MF1_1.tsi
    2) import MF1_1.tsi again, having two midi fighter tsi files?

lastly, I adjusted some of the effects in the effects list under the system settings (modified by placing them up or down in the list). I assume this is what is dictating which effects the buttons are linked to? So i would need to just figure out where along the list the button is drawing from and put the desired effect in that que number place? (christ I hope that made sense)

Finally.. even if i can get the three FX buttons worked out. I have no clue what the 'record' button is supposed to be. Right now it's controlling an advanced FX3 channel. is Record an effects? confused about that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Reinvention View Post
    Hi,

I'm having this issue also. I'm a fool noob and just got the MF two days ago but every time I import the MF1_1.tsi file it loads up something different for the FX.

To import twice, do you mean:
    1) import MF1_1.tsi
    2)delete .tsi
    3) import MF1_1.tsi again?

or

1) import MF1_1.tsi
    2) import MF1_1.tsi again, having two midi fighter tsi files?
    I mean neither. Use the large Import button on the bottom left portion of the Traktor preferences. When you import with this button it will overwrite all of your existing mappings so there is no need to delete. It just takes two loads for the effect settings to load properly if you haven't loaded one of our tsis before.

lastly, I adjusted some of the effects in the effects list under the system settings (modified by placing them up or down in the list). I assume this is what is dictating which effects the buttons are linked to? So i would need to just figure out where along the list the button is drawing from and put the desired effect in that que number place? (christ I hope that made sense)
    Don't adjust the list. The effects need to be in a specific order for the mapping to function properly and this is done when you import the effect settings properly when importing the tsi.

Finally.. even if i can get the three FX buttons worked out. I have no clue what the 'record' button is supposed to be. Right now it's controlling an advanced FX3 channel. is Record an effects? confused about that one!
    The Record button is activating what we are calling a "Sampler" function. However, it is actually using the Slicer effect in FX3 to mimic a sampler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast