Rihanna "Only One" (in the world) - Pop is the new techno?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

We Are Best Friends For EVA..!

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I love music and I love it when other people love music. Well except for Katy Perry maybe, she molested Elmo and I can't stand people messing with Elmo. .
    haha, of all the pop stars I am in love with Katy Perry. Been searching for her elmo video all day.

Damn it i was watching it before but its been removed now.

My Katy Perry obsession is worrying.

i need to see that video...elmo vs kate perry.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

So wait, you guys are mad because pop artists are desecrating your beloved EDM? You can't remain part of the exclusive club forever, especially when nobody's guarding the door. Time to find another obscure genre to jump on before it gets "discovered."

I'm going to start a new genre called poop stomp. NO WAY a name like that could ever be promulgated by pill popping popstars. THIS will be a base for my DJ stage masked persona

Quote Originally Posted by natebehe View Post
    thats another funny thing about us EDM lovers...and for that matter most non-mainstream fans. they WANT it to stay out of the mainstream. its like they want to be part of an exclusive club of fans lol.
    For me its like this: yes, I want a healthy, thriving, forward-thinking, boundary pushing underground. (its where the real heart and soul of any relevant art form should come from)

Its also a sanctuary for many who originally joined this "tribe" of EDM in the first place (the underground). Its a place to escape and oppose much of the qualities, characteristics and influences the "real world" surrounds people with on a daily basis.

It always sucks to see an art form that is precious and personal to you get raided by the machine (no pun intended). The knee-jerk response to something beautiful being mass-marketed, diluted, whored-out and stripped of any heart will usually be disgust from those who remember "the good-ol days".

But its a cycle and nothing stays entirely pure or "underground" for long. Ask any Punk who was fortunate enough to be part of its early birth or any Raver who experienced the days where there was 1 genre. I think as long as an art form keeps its roots underground and constantly moving forward...you can have the best of both worlds!
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

As long as record labels can still put out their own style and remain out of the major labels' perview i'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    more likely dubstep will go pop and dubstep fans will hate on in just because its popular, and theyll find something else to cling to for dear life.
    Same as almost every other genre of music and its fans ever.

Quote Originally Posted by natebehe View Post
    ...and its been around in england for a while now if im not mistaken.
    Went to my first Subloaded night in Bristol about 6 years ago I think ... the dubstep bug never really bit as something to dance to - the production was nice, but it doesn't work at home, and at the time it was beardstroker central. It's evolving massively at the moment, if you look at the stuff that's kicking around in Bristol at the mo (Peverelist, Guido , Joker, Appleblim, Headhunter, Pinch, Gemmy). Hell, Punch Drunk records have just released their 5th year anniversary album ... so yeah, it's been around for a while round these parts ...
    Last edited by Sherlock Ohms; 09-24-2010 at 07:08 AM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Same as almost every other genre of music and its fans ever.
    I have genuinely never know a Genre of music that breeds blinkered fans as much as dubstep.

Even my good friends that love dubstep hate the dubstep obsessives.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast