Rihanna "Only One" (in the world) - Pop is the new techno?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wow, the reactions to this are seriously surprising me...

When people ask me what I love to spin I say underground (minimal) techno. The reason I add "underground" is because it is underground. However, the reason I like the music isn't because it's underground, it's because it's AWESOME!

Now if tomorrow I woke up, and (minimal) techno was all of a sudden pop, i'd be extremely happy, since this would mean more opportunities to play at gigs, more people who share the same taste in music, more people producing. I'd love it, really.

So I don't understand why "mainstream" upsets you guys... Sure, changing your style to go mainstream is bad (Guetta?) but when a style is liked by a lot of people, there's just more to share.

Isn't that the reason we are dj's? Sharing the love for our music?
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Tech Guru

I agree... I spin electro, electro pop and top 40 with my own little twist alot of the times. So if electro keeps becoming more popular and more played on the radios..then I get to hear more good electro music by top notch producers aaaand I get to play more gigs and people feel my music more..Win/win situation I think.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

I have said this before, who cares the style, a good song is a good song. Someone asked me once, what was my preferred style of music, I paused and replied: Style? what style? So I answered, Yes!
    At the end of the day mix what you feel and feel what you mix. (techno, house, trance, dance, classical, hiphop, r'n'b, dub, latin, folkloric, ethnic, top 40 hell event the bottom 40 if it has a good beat, who cares...)
    Thanks and don't let genres complicate your life, GOOD IS GOOD no mater the genres.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it..."
    Tools:MBP 13", NI Kontrol 1,Novation twitch, Tractor Pro 2, LPD8, KRK 5's & 10" sub, AudioTechnica ATH-M40fs, Logic Express 9 and a Cactus!

Tech Mentor

I would rock this Rihanna song at a party without even blinking an eye....

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    I agree... I spin electro, electro pop and top 40 with my own little twist alot of the times. So if electro keeps becoming more popular and more played on the radios..then I get to hear more good electro music by top notch producers aaaand I get to play more gigs and people feel my music more..Win/win situation I think.
    xEleventy Billion
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TABS View Post
    I would rock this Rihanna song at a party without even blinking an eye....
    Me too... Im playing this at my Top 40 gigs already and its winner.

Its just a frickin pop song that uses some of the popular production sounds of the moment its not a stealing a genre.

Ridiculous...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Me too... Im playing this at my Top 40 gigs already and its winner.

Its just a frickin pop song that uses some of the popular production sounds of the moment its not a stealing a genre.

Ridiculous...
    Madonna has had this sound for years yet no one complains about that...
    Butcher

More importantly... is Rihanna fit or not.. I can't work it out.

I agree Perry is fit, and GaGa is not...

Not sure where I stand on rihanna

Thoughts?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    More importantly... is Rihanna fit or not.. I can't work it out.

I agree Perry is fit, and GaGa is not...

Not sure where I stand on rihanna

Thoughts?
    Rihanna and Perry and def attractive females....GaGa is a very unattractive...female looking figure......
    Butcher

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Its a good question. In some photos Rihanna looks well fit and when she played at the Radio 1 Big Weekend here she looked damn sexy with that umbrella, but in other pics she looks like shes been chasing parked cars...

No-one comes close to my beloved Katy Perry...

Me and my boys used to play a fun (sexist) game called

Fit Butters or Butters Fitty.

Fit means good looking, Butters means ugly.

Many if not most girls (and probably boys) fall in in to one camp or the other. Their either a goodlooking ugly girl or an ugly goodlooking girl.

Rihanna is a fit butters, she looks like she should be ugly but there's something definitely fit about her...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast