Rihanna "Only One" (in the world) - Pop is the new techno??
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rihanna "Only One" (in the world) - Pop is the new techno??

Is it just me, or has the pop scene been slowly stealing away our thunder by becoming more and more electro? I think its great that electronic is growing and that almost everyone knows who tiesto or david guetta (even tho i cant stand guetta) is. And dont get me wrong, i like pop every now and then...but if the day came where pop and electronic/house/techno was mistaken for each other, that would be a very sad day for me. Thoughts? Strong biased opinions? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtO7bvvUCYs

I recall the same lamentation when Sasha was working on remix for Madonna in the late 90s. Electro has been a wildly popular sound for the past few years and it's unsurprising that it should trickle up into the mainstream. What bothers me is most videos I watch on youtube has a lot of fist pumping head bobbers who don't dance
    Last edited by space monkey; 09-23-2010 at 12:16 PM.

haha, yeah...if i was a club owner, id have my bouncers kick the kids out that dont appreciate good music. its called dance music for a reason! at LEAST jump around alittle. more often then not, people around you are too f-ed up or enjoying the music too much to notice how bad you suck at dancing lol.

Happens every few years or so. EDM based pop will slowly and grotesquely eat itself over the next year until another underground sound gets co-opted leaving your electro safe to enjoy again.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    Happens every few years or so. EDM based pop will slowly and grotesquely eat itself over the next year until another underground sound gets co-opted leaving your electro safe to enjoy again.
    D-D-D-Duuuubstep womp womp womp womp womwomwomwomwomwom

the day dubstep goes away is the day i buy this forum a round of beer.

more likely dubstep will go pop and dubstep fans will hate on in just because its popular, and theyll find something else to cling to for dear life.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Last year at school when I DJ'd parties, nobody wanted dubstep, now almost literally every house party I go to is a dubstep party. It really has taken over.

I though Electro was pretty much done anyway?

Sounds like the Trance thing of a few years back. Except this time round, I couldn't tell you what was in the top40.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

thats another funny thing about us EDM lovers...and for that matter most non-mainstream fans. they WANT it to stay out of the mainstream. its like they want to be part of an exclusive club of fans lol. the fact that deadmau5 got to "dj" for the VMAs is a huge step for him. even as little of attention that he got, and little air time that he had...his facebook fan page jumped from 500k to a million in like a week! and the fact that he ustreams almost once a week. that is simply unheard of from someone of his "level of fame". anyways, i dont mean to stray from the whole point of this website and its forum...but i just thought it was interesting.

dubstep is pretty sweet stuff, but it seems to be limited to that one sound your talking about space monkey...and its been around in england for a while now if im not mistaken.

I think that glitchy electro house sound from wolfgang gartner and porter robinson is what seems to be exploding in the clubs now. the crowd goes wild in dallas at lizard lounge when they hear wolfgang being played

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast