VCI-100SE and Audio 4 DJ setup, having sound problems! Please HELP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VCI-100SE and Audio 4 DJ setup, having sound problems! Please HELP!

Ok, first off, I am just beginning to dj so I know i have a lot to learn. Please bear with me as these may be stupid problems. Here's my setup:

VCI-100SE, 1.3 firmware with an Audio 4 DJ all working off of a HP laptop, Vista.

I have the audio out on the Audio 4 DJ going to an LG receiver (home theater) audio in. Then to some quality Bose speakers.

I am getting serious crackle and fizz in my sound, out of my speakers and my headphones. Whats my problem besides my ghetto setup? Interface? Laptop?

Also, aren't you supposed to hear each deck from the headphones when you hit the headphone buttons? Or is that really just a cue signal? I want to be able to hear them separate to I can listen for parts in songs before i mix them in. So i can locate the part of the song on the scrolling part in the visual deck.

I have waited so long to get this gear and have had to return a few peices and wait some more. Someone, please help me out! Im dying to learn!!!

Sounds like your latency is set too low, Try changing it to around 10ms for the moment and see if that sorts the crackling. You can do this either in the audio setup options in the preferences (i'm assuming you are on traktor) or the audio 4 has its own setup app which should be on the desktop. If its fine at 10ms, try bringing it back a bit, 5 is ideal really.
    Now the other thing, go into your output routings in the prefs and you want to see MASTER as 1 & 2 and MONITOR as 3 & 4. Then you'll hear audio thru your headphones.
    Hope this helps mate, welcome the the forums btw
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Go into your preference pane and check what your audio latency is et at. A good starting point is around 15ms. You might be able to go lower, but unless your doing lots of scratching you really don't need to.

To get cue you need to make sure your monitor in audio output routing in your preferences is set to B, then click the headphone button. You have a mix volume knob in the center of the EQ's if your using the latest mapping. Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Im glad you mentioned the latency, I actually can't even move it. It stays at 10ms.. Im in Traktor and I have the VSI mappings set up correctly, installed the audio 4 correctly and I still cant even figure this out.

Photojojo - there is no b option. its just 1,2,3 & 4 like jester said.

1 & 2 = Channel A
    3 & 4 = Channel B
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Hmmm, I'm not sitting at my Traktor computer. But Jester know's what he's talking about so use his advise. I'll look later and see how I've got my Audio 4 set up in Traktor. I'm on a mac and don;t have an option to change the latency on the Audio 4 through it's own app. Can you do that on the PC? Check in your Native Instruments folder in your program files and see if there's an app for the Audio 4 that will let you set the latency in there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Ok, after submitting what i wrote, i thought about it.. You're right! thanks for that. I'm gonna try this out again.

ok, cool.. thanks

yeah under audio setup you should see the audio 4 listed, if its not showing then go ahead and use the drop down arrow to find it. Once its selected there is a little bar below showing the current latency. My bet is its somewhere around 5.5 ms for you. Click on the settings tab beside it and we'll have a look at that. Try choosing one of the preset options first and see how that works. Just try to keep the latency to around 10ms or less if possible. I run at 11.5 myself and thats fine.

I have the correct Audio 4 DJ (4 in, 4out) chosen, the my mixer is on internal, my monitor is on channel 3 and 4. But i cant move the latency from 10. It literally just stays there, all the way to the left, cant move it. I am also having a little trouble with my Traktor, I bought the upgrade, installed properly and was working fine. but today when i opened it up an error message came up saying QTCF.dll not found.. I overwhelmed with problems right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast