Controllerism routine

Default Controllerism routine

Hi, long time reader, first time posting!

Thought I'd share my controllerism routine. Any thoughts or feedback are always welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBCs_PyJnI

Cheers
    //Liffgarden

Song feedback
    Love what you did with Block Rockin Beats throughout. Nice work. I didn't like the vocals over vocals in the intro, but dug how you changed up the chorus phrasing between the two tracks.

Video Feedback
    I really liked the multiple camera angles and cut scenes back and forth to traktor. Did you do it in one take? Also, the audio sounded really good. What were you using and does it have an audio in?
    novation twitch | iMac 27
    blog | twitter

Thanks, always helpful to get feedback

I used Screenflow to do a screen capture of Traktor. I also shot the performance at the same time with my iPhone camera.

Both clips are imported into Final Cut where I cut between the parts + enlarged certain parts of the UI. Sound was recorded through Screenflow as well (using internal mixing in Traktor).

SICK!

mad props!

Tech Guru

Reminds me of an old orbital performance. It was rare version of "Halcyon On and On" that was taken from a live set they did in Glastonbury. They did not add the Block Rockin beats thou which I must say is still a banging tune today. Of course with the internet I'm sure you could find that version of the song somewhere. All in all pretty good could be a little tighter in some spots but i'm no expert.

@Bartboy - Happy to see that I have a fellow Orbital fan

In the Youtube description I do give cred. to Orbital for first mashing these two songs together! But I guess the tech of today has given us more ways to mangle the two together in various ways.

Quote Originally Posted by liffgarden View Post
    Thanks, always helpful to get feedback

I used Screenflow to do a screen capture of Traktor. I also shot the performance at the same time with my iPhone camera.

Both clips are imported into Final Cut where I cut between the parts + enlarged certain parts of the UI. Sound was recorded through Screenflow as well (using internal mixing in Traktor).

Nice. How difficult was it to sync up the audio and iPhone video in Final Cut?
    blog | twitter

@hallicious: Not really difficult at all. You find a distinctive point in the iPhone footage, in this case the where I hit the Echo Freeze (the yellow light turns on on the X1) and then I find the same point in the audio. From that point, you're in sync and can cut freely between the two video sources.

Quote Originally Posted by liffgarden View Post
    @hallicious: Not really difficult at all. You find a distinctive point in the iPhone footage, in this case the where I hit the Echo Freeze (the yellow light turns on on the X1) and then I find the same point in the audio. From that point, you're in sync and can cut freely between the two video sources.
    Nice one.
    blog | twitter